BP Tick event is not firing

Hi ,

If you are comfortable with it we could try to use just the asset over here for the tick test. That is the only part we need so if you have a base asset that is experiencing this as well we could use that as the test asset.

Well the asset in question is a C++ class plus a blueprint plus the character setup. I would love for you to test it, but I need to know exactly which code files/uasset files you would need from me. Of course, the character class has references to various other custom classes, so yea, I don’t really see how you could test it without the whole project. Unless I am totally getting this wrong…

Hi ,

Unfortunately at this point it seems the only way we will be able to continue assisting you is with the project. We have been unable to reproduce the effect at all. However, if you are willing to send us the project we are more than happy to look at it and see what might be causing this problem. Thank you and have a great day!

Alright, just tell me how to send it.

Thanks!!

Hi ,

Please compress the file into a . and post it here. I should be able to get access to it this way. Thank you!

But the file attachment is like 500KB, and the project folder is like several GB…

If you have a dropbox you can upload it to we can pull it from there. Just post the shared link here.

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in quite some time. I am marking this answer as accepted for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this problem please comment with the requested information. Thank you and have a great day!

Hey sorry bout the wait. Here’s the link: Dropbox - File Deleted

It’s currently compiled for 4.1.1, but I would regenerate the VS project files since your installation directory is most likely very different from mine.

Hi ,

This looks like it may be something to do with your C++ code. I was able to get the tick function to work on a standalone blueprint, however I can clearly see that it is not firing on your player pawn. I would check your scripts to make sure nothing is out of place.

I had a similar problem, I just posted what it was on here: Triggers no longer working on level - Blueprint - Unreal Engine Forums

Hopefully it helps.

I was trying to solve this for 2 days now darkZ. Thanks for the answer it solved my problem.

I just had this issue due to the Tick() method being overridden in C++.