BP Script - Item class in inventory is true?

Okay so i used alot of time trying things out and trying to learn how it all worked.

And the Is Daytime script works perfect as i want it to now :smiley: So thx alot for your help and your patience :slight_smile:

I used some of it you made and tweaked it so it worked as i needed. And it all more or less works.

Large image of BP.
http://kong-kim.dk/ftp/games/ark/large_bp.jpg

However i have a new little problem (I think).
The BP script in the Day Time comment Box donā€™t work.
The 1st Branch Check if i have Self-extinguishing Burn Powder in the Torch (And it works as it turn of if there is and keep buring if not)
Branch 2-5 check if there are any of the normal 4 fuel types in it also, so if there are it keep burning even if my Self-extinguishing Burn Powder is there as it need to burn the normal fuel first and then turn off when there is only the new powder left.
But its like it simply skip Branch 2-5 they never check if i put wood or anything in the torch?
Then i read that it needed a delay between them. But that donā€™t work eitherā€¦

So im a little lost again now.
And its the only thing that donā€™t work as i like it to :slight_smile: So whats wrong?

Little problem? Thatā€™s a massive understatement.

You also completely disregarded my advice and the logic I provided to help you combat stasis as youā€™re using a timer - something you need to take into consideration, if youā€™re not going to follow my advice I must ask if you truly want my help. Iā€™m not talking out of my *** here, if I say or do something there is a reason behind it.

If you seriously want my help, zip your source files(the mod folder in your DevKit install) and either email it me or put it on dropbox or something and Iā€™ll return them to you and comment out every part of it with the necessary changes made so you understand why each part is done the way it is.

-WM

:frowning: Yah sorry. Im trying, and i did get the copy/past to work. But it did not work 100% as i wanted it to so i tried to build on it. And it worked so thought it was good.
The problem i had with the Is Timer Paused & Is Timer Active was that if i manually turned off the torch, it did not turn on again at night. It totaly Pausedā€¦

But i will send you a mail. And explain have i try to get it to be.
And again thx.

I do not mean to come across stand-offish, itā€™s just an unfortunate part of my job to be direct and unrelenting in my efforts and Iā€™ve done it long enough to where itā€™s become part of my nature - and the limitations of text do not help.

So forgive my bluntness, I do not mean offence, I just canā€™t afford to waste time. As it is true there is never enough time in a day, nor in life.

Side note; I know what youā€™re trying to do now, you were heading in the right direction youā€™re just missing the subtleties that make the difference between success and utter failure - an aspect unfortunately present with this inferior DevKit.

-WM

Its okay i can take it.

And glad to hear that i after all as heading in the right direction :smiley:
But have send you a mail with it all.

So is my mod ready and uploaded to steam :slight_smile:

Hi WM. Do you have any idee way the script donā€™t work on the live servers :confused:?

Ok so i found out what the problem is but not sure how to fix it.

The script works first time you place the item and stay near it. then the scrip runs and keep running.
But the moment you leave it and go away from it, out of view distance. All scripts stops working and never turns back on againā€¦
So what to do and how to fix it? Anyone?

Is there a proximity event? like pawn enters range? that you can use to simply (no pun intended) re fire the script (I havenā€™t dealt with coding structures, just buffs and items so far)

Yah was thinking of addin a volume box and when enter it fires the script. As i still canā€™t get it to work. it all simply dies when going away to the torch :frowning:

You can always load TheSmallIsland to test day/night cycle stuff in editor.

Ok i tried using a Volume box. and it works and trigger the event.
But it made a new problem. The game now thinks the torch is as large as the volume box. So if i hit the air/box with a weapon the torch take damage :confused:
So i tried playing with collistion but that donā€™t work.

So now im all lost again :frowning:

Ok thx i will try that :slight_smile:

Ok i tried to make so if the script is sead and i press E on it the input event firesā€¦ But no input events works at all :S