BP Logic Question - Filling Up A Stat

use a float clamp node. also, sorry i forgot to post my solution, got carry away by the respawn problem i had.

here is how I do the stamina bar I mentioned, there is a hud to show the status change.
here is overview.

Here is how I use a custom Enum to do stamina update base on pawn status

And then call a event to check and set pawn parameters(in this case Max Walk Speed)

And finally, update pawn status based on various parameters.

Hopefully this could help you in your case.
I think there is a better way doing this, mine is a bit cluttered.
But it does the following:
Running reduce stamina faster then walking
idle/falling/exhausted(thus can’t move) will restore stamina
you can toggle walking status at will
if you reach exhausted status, you have to wait for stamina recovered back to 40+ before you can start moving again.

I would certainly get back on this type of thing later down the road, but right now I have to focus on something else.

Penguin - I am not sure how to un-complicate things :slight_smile: but you and I are on the same page for high node counts. Seems to me if it is getting the job done then it is fine. Since most of this is simple math calculation I don’t fear any sort of resource loss or anything like that.

So I am able to get everything to work. I am able to get movement tracked and deduct or add stamina based on that tracking. Now I have added a “powerup”. I have to look at the power up tutorial A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

I have a separate blueprint that has particle effects and sounds etc. I need to pass the bool (bHasCollectedPowerup) to the player to reset that stamina. So i will post any findings there since this has kind of morphed into a remote team based mini blueprint jam. :slight_smile:

Ok let us explore this one together now…

I have a blueprint class for a volume. Right now it does nothing except checks that the player is in it and sets of a particle effect. So when the player steps into the volume a bool is fired of as true (bIsInVolume).

I need to get that bool to the player blueprint because it will fire a sequence that will reset his stamina as long as he is in that volume.

So currently the stamina decreases based on movement and will slowly regenerate if the player stands still, but if the player walks into this volume it will reset to 100%.

I tried using the help documents for the interface and for just creating a shared variable but for whatever reason, the function does not…function.

Any thoughts on the best way to address this problem?

So still no interconnectivity between my two blueprints. I get an accessed none error on the walking speed…but that is not referenced in the blueprints in question… very confused.

think of that each blueprint have it’s own “privacy”, so it’s best to ask them to modify their own variable.
So this way you can create blueprint function that does multiple things at once with a function call, instead of a long string of set variables in another blueprint.

What you want to find is overlap event, so when that happens, volume actor can call your character bp’s function to reset stamina.
If you have multiple actor that could trigger similar event, use a blueprint interface, and check if the actor enter your volume have this interface implemented before calling the reset function.