Blueprint Scripting simple vector movement

i have no idea what your trying to say here.

set the player controller? you should have one that you use by default based on the game mode. all you need is a reference to the controller which you can get using the get player controller node.

your second sentence is incomprehensible nonsense. so i dont know what to make of that.

Not exactly incomprehensible if you read it to understand instead of just skimming to see what is said. The PlayerController has been set already each and every time in the Game Mode. If that’s what you mean by setting then I have no idea what is causing the different results and I’ll have to stay with “Player Start”.

No, both I and ThompsonN13 were always trying to figure out how you “set” the variable “New Var 1” from your screen shots. That looks love a controller object reference you “use” but never actually “set” which would cause you issues.

Then the same question returns “how do you set the ‘PlayerController’ then?”. Your saying to set it and Thompson references the game mode and “GetPlayerController” node which are two separate things.

The “NewVar1” variable was made by making a variable, changing the variable type by searching the blueprint by name and setting it as an “Object Reference”.
If you mean selecting the variable and putting both a “Get” and “Set” node of which the “Get” goes into the “Set” node while connected to “EventBeginPlay” (Just like in the pic) then I have already tried that.

What I don’t understand is why I need to set the “PlayerController” when its already referenced by the "GameMode.

You’re not understanding how a “reference” works and/or the purpose of casting. You said you looked through my tutorials and epics and they were “useless” if you’re starting from scratch. I honestly don’t know what else I can tell you at this point. When you create a variable the way you did its just an empty container that can hold data of the type you specify (controller object in your case). It doesn’t “fill” the container with data hence your previous issue with “accessed none” ie. No data. You need to use a node like get player controller and plug the output INTO the “new var 1” as a set node so that your controller object variable actually references something specific. ThompsonN13 was saying that’s how to do it. His comment about the game mode was saying that you should not need to do any of that because a newly created pawn should be default possessed by the correct controller specified by game mode.

Here is a screen shot of what we have all be trying to explain to you. Maybe this will help clear things up.

Took out the pawn reference in level and used “SpawnActorfromClass” to fill pawn that’s to be possessed and works without a single problem. (Tried Pawn reference as well, no problems)

The only reason I didn’t understand what you meant was because the Game Mode sets what is the pawn and controller, hence why I believed that there was no need to set or possess. It works perfectly, but as far as I’m understanding it, your telling the level blueprint to cast to the “PlayerController” to set itself as the player’s controller within itself which sounds redundant. Thanks again for the help.
(Blaming that redundancy on Epic)