Blueprint Nativization (C++ converter)

When I try to package project with “Nativize Blueprint Assets” enabled I get many errors where C++ variables are accessible (there are public variables).

Sample message from logs:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-21.00.57:441]  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: Compiler Warning A node that generated no code of it's own ( Get CoinsString ) tried to inject code into  Branch . K2Node_VariableGet /Temp/__TEMP_BP__/Game/GUI/Widgets/Main/WB_Loading.WB_L
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): oading:ExecuteUbergraph_WB_Loading.K2Node_VariableGet_9
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-21.00.57:442]  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: Compiler Warning A node that generated no code of it's own ( Get CoinsString ) tried to inject code into  SetText (Text) . K2Node_VariableGet /Temp/__TEMP_BP__/Game/GUI/Widgets/Main/WB_Load
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): ing.WB_Loading:ExecuteUbergraph_WB_Loading.K2Node_VariableGet_9

I am trying to use the exclude feature in hopes to fix issues with my packaging. Not sure if this would create more issues but what would be the correct path to exclude specific actor classes in my project. If my asset path in the editor is Content/FolderOne/ExcludeMe.uasset would I use:

+ExcludedAssets=Content/FolderOne/ExcludeMe
or
+ExcludedAssets=Game/FolderOne/ExcludeMe

my suspicion from calling the content folder “Game” comes from hovering over an object in the content browser and observing the path listed.

Also is there any information on what assets do not currently crossover well from the process?

At this point my project will package but when I open the packaged project, I crash while its loading (without any good info from the crash log)

I can’t get a build to go through because a couple of my blueprints “failed to generate code” even when I try to exclude them. I tried both versions of the above and neither worked.

This super cool tool is an amazing opportunity for Blueprinters to convert things and study, learning some C++ while developing at same time.

Have you found solution to this?

Unfortunately not :frowning:

This is pretty awesome! I have a question which might be dumb but I will ask anyway, would it be possible to package a game with C++ code(after conversation) but keep the blueprints files for editing? So basicly edit the game in blueprints, then reconvert the game to C++ and package. That would be awesome because C++ gives me headaches, could be annoying starting to code in it again. I can do simple stuff but an entire game… not so much.

[MENTION=18952]gameDNA studio[/MENTION]

I am having the same issue as you but mine has to do whenever I use a "Get all actors of class>for each loop> set or do something.
Do you happen to know if this a known issue and have you figured out what is wrong in your case?

Cheers.

[MENTION=18952]gameDNA studio[/MENTION]

I am having the same issue as you but mine has to do whenever I use a "Get all actors of class>for each loop> set or do something.

Do you happen to know if this a known issue and have you figured out what is wrong in your case?

Cheers.

I don’t know. I still have this issue unresolved.

Hello,

Is this feature still being developed? There was a good amount of excitement for it, but have not heard about any efforts in the last few engine versions to improve it.

I truly hope it is, and does not go the way of many other features that were only briefly explored and abandoned :frowning:

Yes, it is. Hopefully in 4.15 it won’t be tagged as “experimental” anymore.

That’s great, thank you! :slight_smile: It’s a really awesome feature, keep it up!

Hey, some feature request / idea: It would be cool to be able to exclude blueprints from nativization from Project Settings, without needing to change the DefaultEditor.ini directly - so when some blueprint would cause errors during nativization, it would be easier & faster to investigate it and narrow down the issue.

Right now my nativization process stops at certain point ( Last log: ‘UnrealBuildTool: Module.NativizedAssets.22_of_23.cpp’ ) and the packaging process can’t be finished, it just stays in the same state for hours. I’ll try to exclude blueprints one by one to see which one causes that.

2017 Edit: It would be also really useful to be able to determine some specific blueprints that we want to nativize. So e.g. when I want to nativize only two, performance-sensitive blueprints, I could just select them in project settings (a list) and it would nativize only them.

Just tried to use this to see if it could speed up my Blueprint only VR game.
It crashed after a few minutes because, I think, of an old character BP that I haven’t kept up to date and am not using.
So I thought I’d try the method described to exclude those two BP’s. But then the cook crashed much earlier in the process instead.

I suppose I’ll have to try to figure out why the character crashes the cook in the first place but it would have been nice to use the exclude method as I am probably not going to use that character (but I don’t know).

I also agree with the above post it would be nice with a ‘just nativize these’ option.

Cheers

I keep getting this error when packaging from front end

BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun: WARNING: Project is configured for Blueprint nativization, but the conversion flag (-nativizeAssets) was omitted from the command line. No nativized assets have been built as a result.

Not sure how to actually activate this from front end…

EDIT: Nevermind got it to had to add -nativizeAssets to the extra command line params slot.

I’ve tried full nativization of MMT Content on 4.15 version of engine and it did compile successfully (never worked on this project before). Executable runs, don’t know if faster or not - it’s a mix of c++ and BP code without good test example for nativization.
Unfortunately it looks like some of the variables set in BP are loaded with their default values as some of the vehicles got their suspension moved around, some work as expected and some others look fine visually but controlled differently, as if their properties where changed. Did anyone experienced something similar?

I got a problem here someone know how solve this problem ? “\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Public\AHSaveGame__pf692068917.h(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘MyPluginCore.h’: No such file or directory”

I’m on 4.18.3 and trying to find some help from someone regarding this issue:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘C:\UE4_Projects\ProjectName\Binaries\Win64\ProjectName.exe’ UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\UE4_Projects\ProjectName\Binaries\Win64\ProjectName.pdb

My project is BP only. I’m running Win10 and VS2017.

I have managed to remove all compile warnings and errors except for the final one listed above.

Thanks for your help,

ook