Bit new to modding could use some help on two issues.

Isn’t there another way? Seems quite complicated just to get an egg. I don’t mind altering the wyvern’s blueprint that much as long as the wyvern that comes out of the egg stays the same as the vanilla wyverns.
All I really need to get working seems to be the health of the egg as well as the level. I don’t mind if I have to link to a parent or just a random number. I mean the egg in the death inventory was the correct dino but wrong level and health. Tho the way I added the egg was to add it over the rhino’s horn drop. Couldn’t get the wyverns to actually drop an egg tho.

Or would it be possible for you to sent the egg file you made so I can have a look?

OR would add nest be easier? XD However you do that.

As far as I’m aware CreateCloneFertilizedEgg is the only way to create a proper egg w/ health and level. If it were easy there would already be mods to make dinos lay fertilized eggs and as far as I’m aware there aren’t any.

I believe by default wyvern search for specific areas for wyverns to spawn nests, so it would complicate the situation further.

A simplified version of making an egg within the Event Graph of a dino. It will lay an egg the same level of the dino with full health. Simplified version posted by anonymous | blueprintUE | PasteBin For Unreal Engine

Alright i see. Won’t the level be static tho? Or can i make a random level egg via the CreateCloneFertilizedEgg?
Also where do i put the egg graph and the spawn dino to get egg graph? In the wyvern bp or the primalegg or?

If you make the egg via CreateCloneFertilizedEgg, then the egg (and the baby) will have the level of the dino that laid the egg. (the simplified graph that i linked: Simplified version posted by anonymous | blueprintUE | PasteBin For Unreal Engine 4)

If you want a random level, you have to spawn in a dino with the level you want the egg to be, have that dino create the egg, then delete that specific dino. (the more complicated graph that i linked: Spawning a fertilized egg posted by anonymous | blueprintUE | PasteBin For Unreal Engine 4)

All stuff that I’m linking goes into the dino’s graph.

Right, so I got two options.

1. Have the wyvern lay the egg the egg will then be of the wyvern’s level.
  2. Have the wyvern spawn in a dino to steal the egg and then use that to create an egg with random level.

HMM To be honest having the wyvern to lay the egg sounds a bit more simple XD

EDIT: Question about the CreateCloneFertilizedEgg. How to I add in a spawn rate (aka make so only 1-2 eggs can be on the map at all time for the specific wyvern, meaning 1-2 poison eggs, 1-2 lighting eggs, etc) do I change that in the Egg section in the wyvern’s BP, if you scroll almost all the way you’ll see an egg section, do I adjust it there, or do I need to do it in the graph?
Also this is gonna sound like a rather stupid question, but the graph only makes female spawns egg right? Or do males do it too?

You’ll need to do it in the graph and CreateLoneFertilizedEgg allows males to create eggs as well.

As soon as my devkit quits freezing I’ll link a sample for you to work off of.

You’ll probably want to check gender, stasis, last time it laid an egg, how many eggs are in the surrounding area, might be a few other things as well.

For wyverns I think it would be fine to just have the wyvern its self lay the egg, since wyverns have boosted base levels and can’t be tamed through normal methods. For any other dino you’ll probably want to have them create a higher level egg, or else normally tamed dinos will always be stronger (since you get a level boost from taming effectiveness).

Edit: If you look in the Base Wyvern’s blueprint, you’ll see in the spawn nest section that normally they check the area to see how many nests are already spawned. Under normal conditions, wyverns only have a chance to lay eggs when leaving stasis every 10 minutes, so you may want to do your chance to lay egg every 10 minutes as well.

Never mind, fixed.

Hi Zafireria, Found your post while looking for the same thing as you… All searches I have done are about spawing in game etc not auto spawing in a mpa. Can you give me an idea how it is done. I am currently making a Map and are having issues with the Wyvern Eggs and Beaver Dams not auto spawning on a server. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.