Augmented Unreality - AR plugin for UE4

Ah that would be really nice :slight_smile: and does it build for android and ios phones?

The new version works on Android, that is the biggest update :slight_smile:
I have not tried iOS because there is no cross-compilation for it, but the underlying OpenCV library is known to work there so it should be possible to build for it.

I am working on the package and should have it later today.

Ok so the current version is uploaded.
If you need help with something, let me know.

Cool, gonna try it next week for some projects Iā€™m working on.

Just to bettere understand how it works, I have a couple of questions:

• Reading the documentation I can see that youā€™re able to use boards indipendently and youā€™re also able to set a condition where the actor follows the position of the boardā€¦this also mean thatif I try to move the board around the enviroment the tracking will still work? Iā€™m doing the same thing in Vurofia in Unity, and the tracking when the marker is moved around is quite strong, so I was wondering if using those boards in the same way give the same results

• Can you make custom fiducial markers? Also, can you have a custom size for the boards? I would like to add text on each boards and shrink them down quite a bit ( say 5cmx5cm )

• Camera calibration is done once and thatā€™s it, correct?

• What would be the best way to implement on-screen buttons? Iā€™m building a custom UI using the UMG 3d component for what Iā€™m developing with the Vive, but I would like to know if the addition of on-screen buttons ( to play an animation or to switch the spawn mesh ) can be integrated easily

Thanks for sharing the plugin, canā€™t wait to run some tests!

There are two roles of boards:

• Position the camera in the level - moves the camera actor in UEā€™s world.
  • Position tracked objects (those with a tracking-component) - many objects can be tracked at once.

You can change the size of markers (example in video)](https://youtu.be/Ys8br7AKW9g?t=2m55s).
But for the actual pattern on the marker, only ArUco is allowed, because the plugin finds all ArUco patterns from all boards in one pass, then passes them to each board for pose estimation.

Yes, once per camera - we need to find the focal length. Then the calibration result is saved to a file. If you know the cameraā€™s focal length beforehand, you can write that file and skip calibration.
On Android the calibration may not even be necessary, because Android API gives the FOV angle (and the plugin uses it when no calibration was performed) - I donā€™t know how accurate that is however.

I use simple 2D UMG UI in the example project. A widget used to control the AR system is provided. The AR video stream is shown in the background and does not interfere with any UI.

Hi,
I am new to unreal, so it would be great if you could help me out with a problem I am facing. I would like to add the plugin to an empty project, but I cannot find the AURCameraActor. How can I add it to the scene? I can see there is a .uasset file for it, but I cannot find how to place it.
It would be great if you could point me in the right direction.
Thank you!

EDIT> found it! All i had to do was enable ā€œshow plugin contentā€ in the view options of the content browser (bottom right corner). Thanks a lot for the great plugin!

To see the pluginā€™s classes in content browser, set ā€œShow Plugin Contentā€
show_plugin_content.png

How to I get the actors (cubes) to go away when the marker is not there?

Dear ,
Do you mean in your post about ios that if I work on a mac machine, I can surely build for ios and android?
Thank you very much

Hi thank you so much for this amazing pugin

Total noob question here, can you please tell me which android version my phone need so it can run the packaged version of the game that contain this plugin? My android is 2.3 its very old but it run most of the google AR apps so i wounder if its capable to run this one.

Thanks

Hi, can we get some video tutorial?

Hi ,

Thank you for the project, itā€™s very helpful, but iā€™m having a hard time getting the tracking to work smoothly with my Samsung Galaxy s8.

In your image here the colours that represent the calibration happening are very clear, but when i do it the colour only flash for a second and disappears as if it isnā€™t really recognising the marker.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/26e0d44c8bb7a1cae3f51af4caba4a470d47bdeb/68747470733a2f2f706f6c79626f782e6574687a2e63682f696e6465782e7068702f732f595a327751706437746e47427267682f646f776e6c6f6164

ā€¦and after the calibration is finished the tracking is very slow, if i move the camera too fast the object moves as well a lot.

You mentioned being able to manually enter the devices FOV, which might help, where is this file saved to edit it?

Also would manually entering the devices resolution help as well?

And like ā€˜DanielDurysā€™ mentioned I would love to see a short tutorial if possible. For me it would be great to see how to set up multiple markers for the same object to make the tracking more stable.

Thanks