Audio stops playing randomly

Hey all,

I recently entered and verified a bug that seems very related to this issue. You will need to wait until the hotfix is released, but you can view the ticket entered by following the link below.

UE-39650

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

One thing I want to add is that we are not pausing individual sounds anywhere in the game, the sound sources will be paused only if the engine pauses them (this might happen only if when we pause the engine, the sound sources are paused individually or something related to that).

I want to reiterate that this is very important for us as well since we actually postponing a release until the sound issue is fixed and we are stuck with tons of changes in 4.14 which we cannot easily transfer to a lower version.

You may want to check out my sound issue. https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/539666/concurrency-broken-in-414.html
Mine feels more like if alot of spamming sounds have played or are playing that the sounds break. As this not only happens when paused but in the normal game itself. My repro case does include pausing however. But the issue I found is because so many sounds are playing, it tries to play the sound, even giving it a volume of 1.3 (as designed). But isn’t actually audible.