Attach actor to other actor location issue

The location of all these actors is the same ( I think you’re missing that )…

Ok I do not understand but I just replugged the attach actor to actor at the very end just like when I tried before and now it’s working in Keep World…

Anyway, thank you for your time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apart from working with physics, nothing comes to mind that could mess up attachments. If you do have a complex enough setup that prevents you from attaching reliably (does not seem to be the case here, though), consider doing the math instead:

You can have anything rotate around anything with any speed in any axis in specific radius.

Another dumb-clever way that works really well is a spring arm. I once made a 3d carousel menu (think early Tomb Raider) with dynamic springarm comps. The built-in camera lag works wonders as an interpolation shortcut. Nothing stops you from spawning spring arms and attaching actors at theirs ends - the length becomes the radius.

For something more nuanced, you could use a spline and drive any number of actors along its path:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes I thought about the spring arm, it’s one of my idea down the line.

I’ve yet again other problems now as the attach actor suddenly worked out of nowhere, now the detach actor is giving me trouble.

if I detach the grabbed actor that will drive the rotation of all the others, it refuses to follow the user’s hand along the spline. If I keep it attached, it does follow the hand location along the spline as intented.

I’ve made a short video with the issue :

https://streamable.com/6qymgm

And the arrow (grabded object) code :

Thanks.

Ok, I’ve managed to bypass that issue. Instead of firing the detach actor in the actor that needs to be detached, I send its reference to the carrousel, it detachs it directly.

In the end, in both ways, the actor is detached but with the second method, the grabbing along the spline works. No idea why though.