Assertion failed: RecursionNotAllowed.Increment() == 1

the is supposed to be fixed in 4.17. I haven’t tested it yet. But if you are still facing the issue PM with a link to your project and explain how to reproduce it.

i’m getting this in 4.17 with nativization enabled. strangely it is in a file which has nothing to do with a nativized blueprint. The offending line is one where I’m using ConstructorHelpers to load a UParticleSystem

Try disabling nativization if you have it enabled

yes nativization also throws this error i can confirm. I haven’t found a sollution to this unfortunately. Right now disabling nativization only solves this.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the same issue using StaticLoadObject() =/

Hey everyone-

When retrying the steps that originally reproduced this issue (Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-46610)) again in 4.17.1 from the launcher, I was able to run the packaged version of the project without running into this error. Additionally, creating a project and enabling nativization (Inclusive and Exclusive) did not show this error when launching the packaged version. Please let me know if you have reproduction steps or a sample project that demonstrates this behavior.

I think a lot of the commenters here are technically having a different issue although the symptoms are the same. Steps to reproduce this issue (i think, I’m computerless today) are to use ConstructorHelpers::StaticLoadObject in an actor constructor to load some uasset, then enabling nativization. I didn’t see any corellation between where the error occurred and which blueprints I chose in the exclusive nativization list.

Hi .

I sent you my project a couple weeks ago that produces the error. Have you been able to reproduce it in that?

Hey-

I received your project however, as you mentioned, the issue you’re seeing appears to be tied to blueprint nativization. With the number/size of the blueprints in the project you provided it’s difficult to tell exactly where the issue is coming from. It might be helpful to change the Nativization Method from Inclusive to Exclusive, then set specific blueprints to be nativized. This should allow you to narrow down which blueprint is causing the error to occur.

That said, this appears to be a different issue than what was originally reported in this post. If possible, could you create a new post to track your issue so that information doesn’t fall through the cracks and get lost.

That said, this appears to be a different issue than what was originally reported in this post.

I’ve been saying that from the getgo lol

Here is another thread here that is more relevant to the specific issue.

I’ve haven’t been focusing on blueprints since, so I have no additional information nor time to narrow it down further, but if this is still an issue when I get back to those I’ll let you know if I find anything else useful.

I was experiencing the “RecursionNotAllowed.Increment() == 1” error in builds packaged with nativization.

As mentioned in the forum thread linked above, turning off the event driven loading in packaging settings fixes the issue.

I also get this error with nativization enabled. 4.18.

Same problem on 4.26.2 builded games

Assertion failed: AsyncLoadingThread.RecursionNotAllowed.Increment() == 1 [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/Serialization/AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 3979]

2 Likes

I have the same issue on 4.27 when assign child actor in blueprint and turn on nativization. Did somebody find any workaround ?

If anybody need a workaround - we just stoped to using child actors