[ARM] Linux Compile for ARM

the only ARM specific so file I found in 3rd party:

libopenal.so
libopenal.so.1

those 2 files replace the one :> C:\UnrealEngine-4.6.1-release\Engine\Binaries\Linux

but it still crash when audio triggered… is there s specific log that indicate the crash?

Feel free to post a callstack you get (you should be getting it in the *.log file, but you can also run under gdb and do a bt). I think opening a new AnswerHub question would be more appropriate for it (other users will have it easier to discover without having to read all the thread above).

Hi,
Just to clarify, you are replacing the libopenal.so.1 in the packaged output of the project right ? Also is there a publicly available project that runs into the same issue you are seeing ? I can give it a look.

Thanks

I replaced both libopenal.so & libopenal.so.1 to the C:\UnrealEngine-4.6.1-release\Engine\Binaries\Linux

can you show me where is the tread discussion?

hum… even following the wiki page still crash…

Hi, I received through email your comment that you can’t find libopenal.so for linux-arm, which seems to have been solved. For some reason I can’t find that comment here. Does this mean you were previously using a different file for libopenal.so ? If so does using the new file fix the crash issue ?

it turn out that my Jetson’s audio is not functional in Linux, it shows no audio devices, that is why i believe is the problem… does your audio works? or does it show a X on the speaker?

My regular install of Jetson TK1 has audio working. I verified this by plugging in a headphone and doing a sound test from within ubuntu. I didn’t do anything special. It seemed to work from just standard installation. Unfortunately I don’t think SunTemple has audio. Do you have any simple demo app with audio that I can try ?

got the solution, just need to flash it differently

Hi! I’m stuck on this last step (replacing the libopenal.so file). I’m on UE4.19 and have successfully built a simple project for Linux ARM, but when I go to the release directory\Engine\Binaries\Linux, there’s only one file: UE4Game-Linux-Shipping.

Does this mean we don’t need to replace libopenal.so anymore on UE4.19?

Thanks a lot in advance :slight_smile: