ARK Dev Kit v200.5 (Fixed Sotf!!): 'Survival of the Fittest' download, Total Conversions, Mods, Maps

When the update comes down from the unreal launcher, is it going to overwrite any total conversion style work we’ve done in the PrimalEarth folder so far? or will it have a form of diffing that will only update needed values to maintain balances and tweaks made in the update?

Thanks.

I am not sure if it is possible but can you specify if a mod is dependent on a TC in the workshop or just post it in the description?

Thank you very much! I gonna try that out tonight.

I finally got the 27Gb download done… after about… 12 tries. Lucky I’m on unlimited 1Gbps Internet.

I had to keep restarting/resuming the download in Firefox download… the last 6Gb was quite slow (less than 70Mb/sec which is slow for me).

Hopefully dear saw my #48 post and is busy accelerating diff checks with WinMerge (and putting in my 25% XP loss on death code haha)

can you fix ComponentStatus for the BoaFrill. The vanilla files don’t alter the Boas base stats in health as they were intended to do, ( i tried to edit them in the PIE just to test and nothing changed the Boa still starts with 100 health ).

It will, but the Epic Launcher also backs up your files and tells you this, so you can just copy them back afterwards. To be on the safe side, however, it would be a good idea to make a backup of your Content directory before you update via the Epic Launcher.

And the Epic Launcher has now posted v200.5!

Uhm, how do we update now again? Got the ArkDevKit downloaded via the EpicLauncher, but it doesn’t seem to update (still on V. 197.1).

Same. Also ETA for v201? I’m worried about mah Titanoboa mod now that they are laying eggs :3

Same. I just assumed it would notify me that an update is ready, but so far, nothing. Not even after restarting the launcher :frowning:

I tried verifying the files, nothing.

Well. I just created a new Folder in Mods. Then i modified the original Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Silicon.PrimalItemResource_Silicon’. Then i tried to cook that newly created folder as a Total Conversion. It did not even show up in my Cook/upload Mod to steam. And after a reboot the folder even disappears.
Could you PLEASE make a small guide on how to make a Total Conversion from the scratch with like 1 modded original file? This would be totally awesome. There is no single working Total Conversion mod online except SOTF. Please we need this guide realy hard!

Same here, not verifying

and the verdict :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting that there was an indicator prompting me to download Unreal Engine 4.8.3 that was never highlighted before. Do we need to do something with this?

Just curious, why would you use a total conversion and not a typical mod if you are changing one thing? Seems like overkill to me but I could be wrong.

Well, it is not about changing one thing for sure. It is about “How to make a Total Conversion” since many don’t get it to work. And i guess a guide about a full Total Conversion like SOTF is overkill since i just need to know how it works.

Um no it has not… and if it has where do we download it at. Tried to verify, restarted the launcher…

Yup confirmed, 200.5 is not on Epiclauncher yet
I do the manual way, (download and replace file) → 200.5,
quit and verity → back to 197.1

anyone got any idea i assume its night there cause its day here (aus)

Same things happened to me, maybe we will just get 201.x instead! :cool: