Ark Dev Kit Tutorials E01-E05(Episodes added regularly)

Cheers mate :smiley: itā€™s great learning :smiley:

Great tuts.

I have a question. I am creating a Total conversion and I am trying to eliminate all levels and make it so that you get all Primitive + engrams on spawn in and you get all 100 stat points to put in as well. I am stuck on how to accomplish this. Could you help with where to start?

I Have Added Episode 17

I added my discord channel to description if anyone wants to chat or has questions

My title wonā€™t change still stuck on first couple vids

do you mean you want a tutorial where all ark engrams are taken out and 100 engram points is added to player pawn

Not exactly, let me explain. Letā€™s say for funs sake, you want all players to spawn in with 500 engram point at level 1, how would you do that int he ADK? Also, how do you decrease or increase the max level of a character in the dev kit. I know this can be done in the ini to increase the max player level, but I have not found how to do this in the ADK yet or how to decrease the max level, lets say go to the extreme and drop it to level 1. And as far as the engrams, I know you can exclude engrams via the GameData blueprint. But how would you go about making the ones that are not engrams, be blueprints only? IE, lets say you remove the Fabricator as a engram to learn, but you want to add the Fabricator Blueprint to the Beacons at a minute chance to spawn.

I do not know if this can even be accomplished yet with the current state of the ADK. I have been digging into the PlayerController_BP and the other Player BPā€™s but not having any luck with finding any way to do this at a core or base level. Of it can be done, I feel this will open up a new way for modders to be able to create new game modes and rebalances to make the game more unique and diverse. And it would help me with my current project. To be honest, I am rusty at best right now when it comes to UE4, ADK, and my understanding of Blueprints is at best at a fundamental level. So even if you do not create a tut for this, any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I will work on another tutorial covering that subject it is possible.

Just added episode 18 & 19

Some nice tutorials. Thanks for taking the time to do this and provide this information to other modders or people interested in getting into it.
Need more modders to do this as there isnā€™t alot of videos like this or they only do a few then stop.
Keep up the great work. Hopefully thereā€™s alot more to come.

any requests for tutorials today?

How to switch from gas to power and from power to gas :smiley: pliss i need that

I just found this threadā€¦ The tutorials you put up look amazing and they cover things that are on my to-do list to learn, which is amazing. Thank you in advance (as I havenā€™t watched them yet.) As for requests, could you do one about snap points, and maybe sockets? Basically Iā€™m trying to figure out how to add snap points to a raft, similar to the mod ā€œSnappy Saddlesā€ (It makes a structure that snaps around platform saddles and has its own snap points). If you can help me figure out how to do that, that would be awesome.

Sure, adding new foliage types would be great!

do u mean like whole new plants or using the ones in dev kit differently like say making a pot plant

Like add new trees and bushes to the game. Not modify existing ones, but new. ?:wink:

well as long as you have the static meshes and animations you just replace but im guessing you dont have the animations i mean you could make a stationary plant pretty easy

I added episode 20 how to make harambe from ACA

I added Episode 21 How To Change A BP From Electric To Gas Powered

Hi againā€¦ I donā€™t want to seem pushy, but itā€™s been a few days and Iā€™m wondering if you saw my request, since you havenā€™t replied to it at all?

I worked through episodes 3 and 4. At the end of episode 3, I was able to use the silver engram. However, at the end of episode 4, I was able to find neither the silver nor the axe engrams. Iā€™d added some mod subscriptions in between so I tried unsubscribing them, but still the engrams donā€™t appear. Any idea what Iā€™m doing wrong/what corrective action I should take?

By the way, I think this thread deserves a sticky, possibly replacing one or both of the existing tutorial stickies.