Architectural Visualisation Tests

That’s much better. I’ve the same result as well with my own rendering now. Thx again Daedalus!

Yes I completely agree. The smaller object are the next thing to fix, I want to improve the glass on the picture frames at lower left, and the vases need a much better material, I’m not happy with the highlights on them and they don’t sit in the scene properly at the moment. :frowning:

Looking great now! Keep it up!

Hey…very nice update man! Glad its working out for you guys :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Another update. I’m finding the lighting calculations very slow, even with no lights affecting the scene. There may be something I don’t know about in the scene that is causing that (I started from the Koola marketplace room example).

Here is how the scene is looking now. Still blotchy on the walls, but I’ve got the vases fixed (they were moveable objects so not lighting properly) and I’ve added a rug to break up the floor and moved a few objects subtly to improve the composition.

Still a few issues, but I’m probably going to make the next iteration the last one on this scene.

266004693197e028993013f9c73112d3dffa3e3d.jpeg

The blotches on the wall could probably fix by turning off some of the lightmap compression or streaming options in the ini files, I haven’t done this in UE4 yet, but similar issues in UE3 could easily be fixed that way.

Thanks for the tip Zac, I will give that a go. :slight_smile:

Now that’s heavily realistic! You’re doing it great @AJUK!

Here is an update on the scene. I think I’ve gone as far as I can with it, I’m just fiddling now and it is time to move on to the next project. I’ve got the wall blotches fixed (by adjusting the compression to ‘false’ in the baselight.ini) and the contact shadows are working properly.

Thanks for all the help guys :slight_smile:

Nice image Ajuk, I would say the colors are just a bit too saturated

You may be right Maxxi. I really need to invest in a SpyderPro to calibrate my home monitors. I thought I was done with that scene but I will give it a bit of a camera setting tweak and recapture the screenshot :slight_smile:

Here is a version with reduced saturation and a few other minor tweaks. I’m going to call this one ‘done’ now and move on to my next scene, this next one will have some matinee animated cameras.

cdd7938772f5b7fa0989e1455407c3340f7c5664.jpeg