AQP City - a first look to this virtual country

Wow what a massive undertaking. Looks great tho man amazing work.

Ray Jones 312 ,Arendt , , Thanks for commenting!! you have much reason, the vehicles are protected by law including logos, design , name and damage in the game as crashes (eg Ferrari in “NFS”). The cars in this game will be changed completely like GTA. Example: the Vapid Dominator, a parody of Ford Mustang.

By now in development mode we will work with real cars for demonstration. Of Course these vehicles do not reach the final version of the game and any trailer or advertisement.

Only happen until we finish the development , in the advertising campaigns we show to the public the new cars and weapons.

Cheers :smiley:

[=Daedalus51;18388]
Hey man, just a couple of questions out of interest^^

-are you using landscape and the worldbrowser? (if yes, is it all one landscape or are you using multiple ones…asking because of texture sample limitation to get nice variation over large terrains^^)
-if not, is it all static meshes with mesh/vertex paint and if so, how are you LODing?
-is the lighting fully dynamic right now (if yes, how do you use the static reflections because they bleed and shine like hell without lightmass and how do you get the movable light shadows on the directional to cover a large distance while staying sharp
and also have good performance^^)
-if not, how do you manage lightmass for such large worlds :wink:

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious to know^^
[/]

Hi, thanks for asking

Our game is being developed With Different methods of development in open worlds So for now we are using Static Meshes for details on the map for waterfalls, roads, runways, tunnels in an easy and familiar way.

Our method of LODing is simple, we have 4 layers of LOD, one is the distant view (a very Low Poly version of the Map), the third layer is a textured map with a medium quality, the second is a map with textures of good resolution and almost detailed ; the last layer is the detailed and lively world (rocks, particles, plants, pedestrians, and all those little details) where the player can catch a glimpse; Of course all this comes within a certain radius of the player. (We also use Fog and DoF)

Exactly is Dynamic Lighting, the first day we had the problem with the unbearable brightness with static reflections but we managed with Blueprints, timelines, correct materials for the map and all possible combinations to have a beautiful cycle of day and night but with bugs (for now, its a work on progress and now we are changing this).

There are more things in development but I can only say that for now.

Cheers :slight_smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/1375168_611972188872357_5239121834645764471_n.jpg

Update New Screens 28/4/14 - Forest (WIP)

Development does not stop, I hope you like it

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10169308_617734248296151_8399107514180748080_n.jpg

New Screens:

This will definitely be one to watch. I can’t wait until we see a live demo and learn more about backstory. The GTA clone syndrome will definitely be a major concern, but can overcome.

Hi Jhoe,

You have quite a bit already and it is looking great. I can’t wait to see what else you have in store!

New Progress

https://.com/watch?v=v5C0XF2UpTA

AQP City offers all features of a open world game with a fully explorable huge map with forests, rivers, roads, volcanoes, mountains, beaches, villages and of course, the big city.

Genre: Action, Adventure
Style: sandbox , open world game, Indie
Developer: Chevarria Arts (Indie group)
Publisher: Chevarria Arts (Indie group) - negotiation
Release Date: TBD

Game in early stage of development, this is not the final result of the game. The character and the city are subject to change.

*the vehicles (the logos and models are property of their respective owners) in this video are being used only for demonstration, will suffer severe changes and modifications.) this is not the final result of game.

This looks like it will be a very nice sandbox game when it comes out. Good work

Good progress since last time I checked on you guys !

Thanks for your feedback, I’m happy for that :D, this is a new picture of our progress.

The birds are low poly of course :wink: Cheers

Great job! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Impressive work !
I like that …

Fantastic work so far Jhoe Chevarria! The screen shots look awesome. Keep up the great work!

Very awesome. It’s nice to see how the development is coming along. It feels reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, from my perspective (though that’s not a bad thing).

Trees growing out of rock cliffs are suspicious , you should look into that :slight_smile:

Hi all, I need your help, AQP City will go to IndieGoGo to get important tools for develop this game, we also implement functionality with Oculus Rift and a potential version of Android

AQP City IndieGoGo campaign

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10516835_647603485309227_7754016493393722213_n.jpg

Thank you all!

PERKS
Access to the alpha, beta, final version of the game When Ready
Animated 3D Models-augmented reality (Vehicles, weapons and game characters)
your name in the game, as you wish.
Content made ​​for yourself in the game
Your favorite song in the game.
exclusive content
and more … Look at the list of perks we selected for you.

Impressive!

One word: awesome!

Hopefully many people will support your project.
I wish you the best of luck, keep us up to date!

Good luck with the campaign.

You may want to run through your verbiage though because i noticed a lot of typos and grammatical errors “Red Death Redemption” and “This City Need Your Help” for example, things like this turn backers off.

Also you may not want to use actual real world logos and branding (Mercedes C63 AMG for example), if IndieGoGo does not close your project and you hit your goal you may not be able to collect the funds once they find out you’re using copy written content like that, this has happened to a few other projects in the past.