APEX causes Morph Targets to not work

Oh I’m not expecting this to be changed. for the quick response. But what I am seeing is that the clothing asset is applied to the mesh, not to the material… and that once a clothing asset is applied to a mesh, morph targets are disabled for the whole mesh. But its not a huge deal, I can find work arounds. I will just be attaching separate meshes for the moving parts, and stuff like robes that are one piece, I will disclude morphs to grow with the character size and just make the all enveloping.

!

from what I heard Unreal 3 can do that? anyone can confirm this? UDK is still usable?

Yea, well at least I found this thread here. After 2 days.
Now I know that further research in the matter is useless. At the very least this must be mentioned in the documentation of the clothing tool. Just like the fact that you cant use more than 16 collision objects on a mesh with clothing!

I mean people expect certain functionality and if Unreal does not provide it the least you can do is write about this clearly in the place where people get their first information from to save us frustration.

I would settle for a way to edit a clothing information nd then be able to transfer it over to another skeletal mesh that has the morphs baked into it, since I have a small number of fixed body morphs and would be willing to export them baked from my 3D application but it looks like not even that is possible.

Instead, the only possible solution now is to export each bodymorph baked and then do the clothing painting again and again and again on each mesh.

That really sux!

just pinging this again so Epic does’t forget people are still wanting this feature back

Any news on this matter?

I wouldn’t hold my breath with all the problems of 4.20. Besides the clothing simulation doesn’t really work for anything but the simplest and smallest clothing. I tried a character with a cape and the cape went through the body, got stuck on the wrong side of the physics body, no real reproduction possible, depending on wind direction, movement and so on. I eventually dropped the whole idea of physical clothing for my characters.

Agreed. I think this is one of the worst decisions Epic has made and I’m not sure why it’s not high up on the list of things needing to be added back (if it is at all).

And yes, I also wish they added this kind of information in a “notes” section at the least, save people a lot of trouble.