Announcing Optim | Visualize, Optimize, and Customize your real-time workflow

Hello Daniele!

Optim requires the Python plugin to be enabled in order to function properly. You can find it via Unreal Engine Editor -> Edit -> Plugins -> Scripting -> Python Editor Script Plugin. You can find more information on our Configuring your Unreal Engine project to use Optim documentation page. If you are still experiencing issues, or have any questions, feedback, or feature requests, feel free to send us a ticket at apps.theia.io/support.

Python is active, I followed your guide to install.
Now I send a ticket to the link you have attached to me.

It was my mistake.
I was sure I had activated the python plug-in but it wasn’t.
Now everything works fine.

Good day! Please tell me an example of creating rules. Very interested in architectural visualization

Thank you for reaching out Konstantin. We are currently in the process of writing out detailed information about everything Optim related, especially for rules. I’ve responded to your ticket with more detailed information.

For those interested, the documentation for Optim can be located here

Hello, when I install Optim, I don’t see the option for UE4.22 (anymore). Will there be an update soon?

Furthermore, in my first attempt I couldn’t successfully open the plug-in from the editor. It turned out I had to be connected to the internet ( I wasn’t). Maybe you can add a warning dialog for this, or mention this in the documentation.

Good luck with the development, I really see big benefits in your product.

Heya Spinaze!

We have just released a new Optim update, Beta v0.24.10, that has an added option to install the Unreal Engine 4.22 Optim plugin.

As for the lack of internet connection notifications, this was definitely not intentional. We have addressed this by mentioning it in our Configuring your Unreal Engine for Optim and FAQ documents. We will also be adding in a warning dialog in the next Optim update. Thank you for notifying us of this issue!

Speaking of documentation, we have overhauled our documentation website. A new design, better navigation, and many more articles have been added. The new documentation site can be found here. We will be adding more documentation week by week.

And lastly, we appreciate the kind words! Look forward to news about the next large update soon :wink:

Guys. This is beautiful. You bring tears to my eyes. Datasmith is a nightmare up til now.

Heya Iwjacob,

Thanks for the kind words!

As a heads up, we’ll be releasing a massive feature & ui update here within the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Theia Interactive is excited to announce that Optim will officially be launching in less than a month!

Optim will officially launch on November 19th at Autodesk University in Las Vegas. More details regarding the release will be coming in the next few weeks.

In the meantime we have released a massive update for everyone in the Optim open beta which includes:

• A completely refreshed UI based around the user experience and feedback.
  • A revised and expanded backend to speed up file processing.
  • And many new features!

You can find out more information on the Optim website and in our release notes.

Finally, the development team would like to take this opportunity to thank all the companies and individuals who have been participating in the open beta. Your feedback has been invaluable and we couldn’t have made it this far without all of you!

Optim Beta 0.32 Released!
Many exciting new additions have been added to Optim with the Beta 0.32 release!

**NEW: Import Configuration

A dedicated Import Configuration category has been added that will display element details, enable/disable element importation, level configuration, and more. Exciting new level and post import options will be added regularly. Stay tuned!

NEW: Geometry Decimation

This was a much requested feature from our Beta users! Now on top of being able to create levels of detail for geometry elements, you now have the option to non-destructively decimate (reduce) the base mesh. Quickly lower the total triangle count within your scene to bring up the frames per second.

**NEW: Smart Rule Merge Clustering

Smart Rule Merging just got a whole lot better! We brewed up a clustering algorithm that actively correlates geometry locations, providing an overall better result. And this is only the beginning. Clustering will be getting smarter, better, and will be available to more reduction methods.

And more!

Check out our complete release notes for more details.

Hello,
Is this product even available or did you guys take this product down? having a hard time finding a download.