Animation in sequencer is not working

Hello

I’m having trouble using Control Rig in Sequencer.

I created a Blueprint Actor and added a Skeletal Mesh and a Control Rig (my Control Rig doesn’t have controls built yet, it’s a blank Control Rig).

Later I connected the two using Add Mapped Skeletal Mesh as per the example in the Document.

In the Sequencer, I added Animation (as in the picture).
Normally my character has to play this animation.

But nothing happened.

I tried canceling Add Mapped Skeletal Mesh and doing the same again.

It appears that Animation has returned to play normally.

I don’t know what happened. After using Add Mapped Skeletal Mesh, it’s like my Skeletal Mesh doesn’t recognize Animation.

I have been stuck with this problem for several days.
Please help me
Thank you

I found something: Add Mapped Skeletal Mesh forces my SkeletalMesh to use the AnimClass “RigAnimInstance” so I can’t use the Animation that’s in the Sequencer.

I’m still new to Unreal Engine. Please help me.

What I really want from doing this is I want my character Look at the objects in the scene. So I used Blueprint Actor to do this. I will control the “Control” in the ControlRig to position it at the object I want to look at.
I want all of this to happen in the Sequencer without having to press Run Mode.

Hello

After spending several hours searching for a solution, I finally gave up on using the Actor Blueprint to change the “Control” position in the Control Rig.

I found a simpler solution, using Constraints in Animation Tools and setting the parent of “Control” to the object I want the character to look at. And I’m pleased with the results.

Perhaps no one else has encountered such a simple problem as I have. But hope it will be useful to someone.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.