Android Error Build Failed RunUAT.bat ERROR

This post my help you create a Main Menu without using level streaming: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/16558/hud-create-a-basic-menu.html

Hey ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry for long delay - I’ve been on holiday. I don’t quite get how I am supposed to create a multi-mapped game for Android when the facility to load a new map is not there. Is this a priority, since I don’t understand how I’m supposed to move from one level to the next (ie one map to the next) without calling the game to open the next map/level.

The game I’m currently working on is the simplest thing around, and should’ve been a doddle to breeze through, but I just don’t get why it just won’t work.

*frustration setting in now - not your fault I know - just generalised frustration at ‘simple’ things being so hard. I wish someone I knew had an iDevice so I could see whether it works on a iOS device either.

So far I get the same response from the game whether I try it on a Galaxy S4 or a Nexus 7.

This issue ‘waiting for device’ error has been seen with a bad USB cable before; it will sometimes work and drop the driver connection intermittently. It can cause partial installs (the obb may not be copied to device).

You may want to try and repackage the project and then deploy with a new USB cable.

Hey ,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if this has resolved the issue for you. Please let me know if it has or has not so that i may proceed along with the issue.

Thanks!

Hey ,

I am going to mark this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If the issue is still occurring, please be sure to reopen this issue.

Thanks!

It’s still not resolved, but I’m going to wait for 4.5 and use the new UMG setup, then recreate the initial menu level, etc and go from there.

Howdy ,

Just wanted to let you know that 4.5 was released today. Please be sure to let me know if the issue is still occurring when you get the chance.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi!

It seemed to be going well, until I ran across this error during the build:

warning: com\google\android\gms\auth\GoogleAuthUtil.class(com\google\android\gms\auth:GoogleAuthUtil.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler

I recently updated my Java version in order to be able to run some fairly generic software (an auto file-renamer called FileBot FYI). Perhaps this needs to be downgraded again for this to work - I’ll see if I can build the project on another PC.

It might be worth noting down that the compiler may need updating at some point for the java release.

Howdy ,

Sorry about the lack of response! I know mispairing the tools compile from java runtime can cause the debugger to fail, but I wouldn’t expect a package issue. I use the java included in TADP (1.6) as the only one on my system.

Could this be causing the issue?

Cheers, Sean!

I’ve signed up and will update once I get a response, download and install it.

Howdy ,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if any progress has been made since the 4.5.1 release. be sure to let me know so that I may further investigate.

No success I’m afraid. I’m going to rebuild the project (urk!) but with the one map of the main game and using the new HUD tech as the menu system. I know that’s how it’s supposed to be done now, but I have to admit I find it annoying that I cannot load maps in Android.

I’ll keep the original version in case you need testing to see if it ever gets fixed, but with new versions of Android, iOS and Windows Phone on the way (we’re still holding out that you’ll support it, at least on the Threshold release) I know you have a lot of fragmented platforms to try and deal with.

BTW, it was good to see you guys at EGX 2014 :slight_smile:

Hey ,

Please be sure to let us know how the outcome of rebuilding your project turns out. If it is still unsuccessful, could you be share to include you log files showing the build failed.

Howdy ,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you have caught any snags since rebuilding your project? Be sure to let us know if you do or if you no longer are seeing any errors.

Thanks!

I’m having the exact same issue in 4.6. Did anyone finally figure out how to fix it?

In truth, I never did. With 4.6 released and the new method of making HUDs available I decided a best practice would be to use a HUD as the menu system rather than a map. It saved on space and it was relatively easy to implement.

Sorry I couldn’t give more help - I had to work around the issue.

I DO think that the problem is centred around memory cards. Since many devices, like the Nexus 7, use a virtual memory card rather than a physical one I think there is some issue with addressing the memory card from Unreal when installing. I didn’t have a memory card in the Galaxy S4 I was using either, and never got around to getting one. This could be the crux of it all…but it’s a guesstimate without evidence to back it up.