Android App Bundle

Seems like Epic Just doesn’t care about android anymore aside from bug fixes. Every single question I see posted about android on the forums and answerhub has not has not had a reply from Epic Staff in months. I even made numerous posts with different issues some months ago and had not had any replies to a single one. Admob hasn’t even worked in the previous 3 engine releases before 4.24 (have not checked 4.24)…

Anyone, could the bundle have the 32-bit and 64-bit version?

What I did is export first in 64 bits and then 32 bits,
I mean export in 64 and rename or copy the intermediates folder and then export to 32.
Copy the files from the other folder to that and voila.
later in android studio in the abi configuration or where it says ndk
“arm64” abifilter
copy all that code and paste it just below {
and change the arm64 by armeabi-v7a and compile and make the bundle app in the same way

Yeah, method by Harold_XD_159 works.

This method works.Thank you.
Combined the assembly for 32 and 64 bit architecture into a single file.
Regarding resizing. In my case, a separate build for 32-bit architecture was 45.55 MB, and for 64-bit - 50.364 MB, the shared file with two architectures was 78.676 MB.

So any update to this?
I want to upload a game to google play but it keeps telling me about Android App Bundle even though my game is not a big one (78 MB)

What should we do with this App Bundle issue? Is there any work around?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/android-development/1725363-tutorial-how-to-create-android-app-bundle-at-unreal-engine

here is your solution guys

AppBundle is added for 4.25, check ue4 trello. Be patient…

Menu
Edit
Project Settings
Project
Packaging
Project
“Distribution”
Turn on this check box.

Won’t it work this way?

its included in 4.25.
but it does produce two sperate aab . one for arm7 and another for arm 64.
sole reason of aab was to put arm64 and arm7 into a single abb.

We have to use Android Studio.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/android-development/1725363-tutorial-how-to-create-android-app-bundle-at-unreal-engine

1 Like

I’ve been following this thread for a while because I was struggling to get these app bundles to work even though they are ideal for me especially for my jigsaw puzzle game. The idea that I could use the bundles to put out the main game files and then separate bundles for packages of image for the puzzles is perfect.
Anyway I gave up for a while and just used APKs but now Google is going to start forcing developers to upload in aab format and won’t accept APKs anymore as of next month. Pretty concerned that Unreal won’t have a viable solution that doesn’t require programming experience in an external program like android studio.
Any thoughts? Helpful links? Youtube tutorials?

hey guys have you found a solution about how to upload a big game to play store? I implement Google PAD plugin, i build a big aab file, which has to be separated to an aab<150MB and more apk files? Even implementing chunks, i see that in the build folder there are many pak files, which are not supported by play store… and the obb file is also not supported… So what shall we do? Maybe split the aab file using android studio or bundletool?..

I gave up trying to figure out PAD. The play store does still support apk and obb files actually. They said they were going to stop supporting it a while ago but I am still able to upload that way. It’s just annoyingly tricky to figure out where to upload the obb file in the play store ui. I think I watched a youtube that finally made it clear how to upload the obb and from then on I just stuck with that. I’m sure eventually I’ll have to learn to use the aab files but hopefully by then Epic will have made the whole process easier.