Advanced Sessions Plugin

Work this with Oculus? Listen Server!

[quote=“anonymous_user_f4d93b8d, post:1908, topic:30020”]

How much money would it take for you to continue development on steam advanced sessions ? There is clearly a huge market for it. I understand that UWorks exists but your project is much more user friendly it seems. Do you know of any games released on steam that solely use advanced steam sessions ? Thank You for all the work you have already put into it, it’s greatly appreciated.

Many have been, I don’t keep tabs on them like I do for my other plugins though.

As for additional features, what exactly are you talking about? Most of it is already exposed, what isn’t is either available elsewhere or is clunky to do with BP.

Its not a money issue, I just don’t believe that this project should be required for proper BP subsystem interfacing and it wasn’t intended to be the primary solution to it. I have other projects that are far more interesting to me.

The Repo is public and accepts pull requests, and I do add on to it when a feature is requested that seems sensible.

For now, most features are implemented and its stable.

[quote=“Mallory85, post:1909, topic:30020”]

Work this with Oculus? Listen Server!

Yes, but I doubt they implement the extra flags. And it is up to them to fully flesh out their subsystem.

[quote=“, post:1910, topic:30020”]

Yes, but I doubt they implement the extra flags. And it is up to them to fully flesh out their subsystem.

I understand that correctly without big change is not possible?

is there a tutorial for this somewhere?

Hey so I was wondering when I try to join a session it will not do anything. I have a server browser that can see the server but when I join it nothing happens.

[quote=“PUGZY, post:1912, topic:30020”]

Hey so I was wondering when I try to join a session it will not do anything. I have a server browser that can see the server but when I join it nothing happens.

https://gyazo.com/4ef7f202dbcc775d5b6efe6d073befa1.png

https://gyazo.com/4ef7f202dbcc775d5b6efe6d073befa1

Check the log / output file for error messages.

It takes a second to join so if you are quitting out right away you need to wait.

I recently had a problem with a public folder, that was missing in this plugin. Does anyone know why? The fodler should be in AdvancedSessions/Source/

Hello, I have the engine built from source and I put the advanced sessions inside Engine/Plugins but for some reason when I compile I get a few errors when building. Any advice?

Hey I am having another issue when I join someones game I am not able to do anything I can see them moving but my character was not chosen even though I did the character select any help with this?

[quote=“PUGZY, post:1915, topic:30020”]

Hey I am having another issue when I join someones game I am not able to do anything I can see them moving but my character was not chosen even though I did the character select any help with this?

Try #include “Modules/ModuleManager.h”
But more importantly look at the latest version on github

[quote=“PUGZY, post:1915, topic:30020”]

Sounds like you are dropping pawns in the level and not setting default ones in the game mode?

[quote=“Ericode”]

Hello, I have the engine built from source and I put the advanced sessions inside Engine/Plugins but for some reason when I compile I get a few errors when building. Any advice?

See

[quote=“bggangel, post:1916, topic:30020”]

Try #include “Modules/ModuleManager.h”
But more importantly look at the latest version on bitbucket

I had to change some more source files recently

Also bggangel thanks for replying to him, but you quoted the wrong guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh so I figured out it is an issue with replicating the character select screen in multiplayer so I have to figure out how to do that. I am assuming the host is the only one who can pick a character and it doesnt replicate for anyone else. I just dont know how to fix this

Hello everyone!
How can I do a Proximity Voice Chat with this plugin? For example a player can only hear me when I am in his near and I can only hear him if he is in my near.
THIS is the most important feature for my project thanks. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dasii, post:1920, topic:30020”]

Hello everyone!
How can I do a Proximity Voice Chat with this plugin? For example a player can only hear me when I am in his near and I can only hear him if he is in my near.
THIS is the most important feature for my project thanks. :slight_smile:

True proximity isn’t possible with it, that either needs voice engine changes or to use the new VOIP Talker component in 4.19 (only null subsystem supports that currently).

You can do a hard on/off with MuteRemoteTalker though based on distance.

Hi There !

I am trying to Create/Find/Join Session on LAN, testing on the same PC (from two copies of the same project), on 4.19 with

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Null

with or without:

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
bEnabled=false
SteamDevAppId=480

Problem : “Find Sessions Advanced” and “Find Sessions” both return Success with 0 result if session was created with “Create Advanced Session”.
Workaround : if I use a basic “Create Session” node (not Advanced), then I get 1 result, from both Find Sessions nodes.

But considering the final project, I would really like to use Extra Settings to filter results, so I wish I could make it work with “Create Advanced Session”.

Any idea what I could be missing ?

Hi all!
Anyone thinks that would be possible to extend this plugin to include Steam Inventory by coding/utilizing the Steamworks API in C++ and exposing methods in Blueprint?
Somebody already done it?

Thanks in advance

[quote=“Wisdom-, post:1923, topic:30020”]

Hi all!
Anyone thinks that would be possible to extend this plugin to include Steam Inventory by coding/utilizing the Steamworks API in C++ and exposing methods in Blueprint?
Somebody already done it?

Thanks in advance

Yes it would be possible.

But there are already plugins available for steam inventory, which is why its not in this one.

[quote=“Entilzar, post:1922, topic:30020”]

Hi There !

I am trying to Create/Find/Join Session on LAN, testing on the same PC (from two copies of the same project), on 4.19 with

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Null

with or without:

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
bEnabled=false
SteamDevAppId=480

Problem : “Find Sessions Advanced” and “Find Sessions” both return Success with 0 result if session was created with “Create Advanced Session”.
Workaround : if I use a basic “Create Session” node (not Advanced), then I get 1 result, from both Find Sessions nodes.

But considering the final project, I would really like to use Extra Settings to filter results, so I wish I could make it work with “Create Advanced Session”.

Any idea what I could be missing ?

What are you Create Advanced Session settings? It does the same thing on the back end as the default node except there is more room for you to mess up by mistake since it has more options.

Hi !
Here is a screenshot of the Create Sessions part, in the Event Graph of my GameInstance, where I put the Create/find/Join Sessions stuff.

I have tried with and without Extra Settings (the features I need) and I played with nearly all the properties, in vain :slight_smile:

Also added a screenshot of the Find Sessions, as reference.

[quote=“Entilzar, post:1925, topic:30020”]

Hi !
Here is a screenshot of the Create Sessions part, in the Event Graph of my GameInstance, where I put the Create/find/Join Sessions stuff.

I have tried with and without Extra Settings (the features I need) and I played with nearly all the properties, in vain :slight_smile:

Also added a screenshot of the Find Sessions, as reference.

Well it should use a lan beacon even with ShouldAdvertise off as it does it for that or if it is flagged as a lan match so no use turning that option off of default.
Also Private connections don’t mean anything for the NULL subsystem so might as well leave that 0.

Other than that you should likely stick to the default settings for the booleans on NULL, they are what is turned on by default with the std node.

While most of them actually do just about nothing in NULL there really isn’t a reason to change them,

https://i.imgur.com/yOIOJlt.png

Other than that I don’t know what to tell you, it should be working (and does for me).

OMG, it works now, thanks !

The “Should Advertise” flag must be On for LAN games. Otherwise, the Session is created but cannot be found with Find Sessions.
I had no idea this flag could have an impact on Lan games.

Thanks again ! :slight_smile: