Advanced Sessions Plugin

hi, the plugin works fine for 480 id but for unique steam ID … Multiplayer is not working… cannot find server to be more specific … pls help?

[quote=“RaviTeja1212, post:1810, topic:30020”]

hi, the plugin works fine for 480 id but for unique steam ID … Multiplayer is not working… cannot find server to be more specific … pls help?

App id doesn’t effect how the engines subsystems work and the plugin doesn’t deal with the app id. You must have something misconfigured or your app id isn’t correctly set if it is a shipping build.

ok … i didn’t tried to modify any nodes. I used your plugin like the way in video … it worked with 480 id … we connected and played the game. So, you are saying maybe fault is on the side of steam ID (configuring the unique ID and packages)?
video link : Unreal Engine 4 - Host Game Server [Advanced Sessions] - YouTube

Thanks For Helping!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks, I used open ip address always works good ,but find sessions always returns 0 results,dose anyone can help me ?

Im having trouble Packaging in 4.19.2, i tried in a separate problem and i had the same problem. Is it only me? Is there a fix? Thanks

[quote=“Calibursz, post:1815, topic:30020”]

Im having trouble Packaging in 4.19.2, i tried in a separate problem and i had the same problem. Is it only me? Is there a fix? Thanks

Well that is very vauge?

Do you have an output log with errors?

Sorry about that,

[quote=“Calibursz, post:1817, topic:30020”]

Sorry about that,

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ucrt.lib'

Your visual studio installation is corrupt

Thanks for the great plugin, !

What are the steps needed to enable VOIP via direct IP connection without Steam subsystem? Is it even possible to do it with NULL subsystem or without any? Don’t want to depend on any third party like Steam or Oculus.
I’ve tried various approaches and nothing seems to be working: don’t hear anything in PIE or packaged. What I’ve done:

1. I put in the end of my [FONT=courier new]DefaultGame.ini:

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
bRequiresPushToTalk=false

1. I put in the end of my [FONT=courier new]DefaultEngine.ini:

[Voice]
bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
bHasVoiceEnabled=true
DefaultPlatformService=Null

1. Created a custom [FONT=courier new]PlayerState and selected it in the [FONT=courier new]GameMode

2. Created a Test pawn

3. Added this to my custom [FONT=courier new]PlayerController:

Hey thanks for your plugin,
I am using advanced steam sessions for my friend invite system. I have an event on session invite received.
On event session invite ACCEPTED gets called but not, SESSION INVITE RECEIVED.

Here’s a screenshot: (game instance)

Thanks

Also any chat method or contacting you?

Also what is local player num?

Thanks

[quote=“Navaneeth Rao, post:1820, topic:30020”]

Hey thanks for your plugin,
I am using advanced steam sessions for my friend invite system. I have an event on session invite received.
On event session invite ACCEPTED gets called but not, SESSION INVITE RECEIVED.

Here’s a screenshot: (game instance)

Thanks

Also any chat method or contacting you?

Session Invite Received is still unimplemented in the steam subsystem. It is exposed because although no subsystem currently implements it, it is there and was intended to be used at some point and custom subsystems may bind to it.

Think Epic kind of just forgot about it to be honest, there is an available event in SteamAPI to bind to for it even.

Edit LocalPlayerNum is the local controller index, unless you have multiple local players (same machine) it should stay at 0.

[quote=“spammaleros, post:1819, topic:30020”]

Thanks for the great plugin, !

What are the steps needed to enable VOIP via direct IP connection without Steam subsystem? Is it even possible to do it with NULL subsystem or without any? Don’t want to depend on any third party like Steam or Oculus.
I’ve tried various approaches and nothing seems to be working: don’t hear anything in PIE or packaged. What I’ve done:

1. I put in the end of my [FONT=courier new]DefaultGame.ini:

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
bRequiresPushToTalk=false

1. I put in the end of my [FONT=courier new]DefaultEngine.ini:

[Voice]
bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
bHasVoiceEnabled=true
DefaultPlatformService=Null

1. Created a custom [FONT=courier new]PlayerState and selected it in the [FONT=courier new]GameMode

2. Created a Test pawn

3. Added this to my custom [FONT=courier new]PlayerController:

That should work fine, NULL subsystem has its own VOIP setup, in fact as of 4.19 the default built in VOIP is of higher quality and with more features than the steam one.

Too bad it is rather difficult to switch to the built in VoiceEngine with the steam subsystem…

I’ll note, You don’t need StartNetworkedVoice if you aren’t using PTT, that is only for PTT toggling, the moment you set PushToTalk = false it should use a live mic during play.

So how do i go about making a party system and i want to display a widget on session invited?

is it an online beacon?

Hello and thanks for your plugin,

I’ve a question about how GetLoginStatus node works?
I’ve tested with exiting Steam app on my PC that node returns LoggedIn
Also I’ve tested by log out from Steam app still that node returns LoggedIn.
Can you please describe how that node works?

How can i make on session invite with steam working?

[quote=“Navaneeth Rao, post:1824, topic:30020”]

So how do i go about making a party system and i want to display a widget on session invited?

is it an online beacon?

Yes and there is a plugin on the marketplace for that already

[quote=“Vahid, post:1825, topic:30020”]

Hello and thanks for your plugin,

I’ve a question about how GetLoginStatus node works?
I’ve tested with exiting Steam app on my PC that node returns LoggedIn
Also I’ve tested by log out from Steam app still that node returns LoggedIn.
Can you please describe how that node works?

Are you sure you are using Steam subsystem? It returns the subsystems value for it.

[quote=“DecodeTM, post:1826, topic:30020”]

How can i make on session invite with steam working?

You have to bind to the SteamSDK delegate for OnInvited and run your logic off of it.

It “should” be hooked up in the subsystem itself, but it currently isn’t.