Advanced Sessions Plugin

I’ve had much better luck packaging when external plugins are “Project” plugins. Any time I add them as “Engine” plugins I end up with some packaging errors. Hope that helps!

I want to create a dedicated server build. Do I need to have the dedicated server run Create Advanced Session and then load a map? I just want connection via IP address at the moment.

I can’t find a “search thread” feature on this site, so if anyone has posted a dedicated server guide for this plugin, please tell me.

[QUOTE=badineen;734324]
I want to create a dedicated server build. Do I need to have the dedicated server run Create Advanced Session and then load a map? I just want connection via IP address at the moment.

Update: I’ve figured out how to get the server going. Turns out I needed to use ‘open steam.[STEAMID]’ instead of ‘open [IP]’.

If you are using the Steam subsystem, use Steam->View->Servers->LAN->Refresh to find the dedicated server’s ID, and then join it by launching a client game and entering the console command ‘open steam.[server’s ID]’ .

Has anyone been able to get voice to work on a dedicated server in 4.15?

Hi guys . And thank you for your great works it’s really helpful … But I wanna ask you if this plugin is relible ? Which means can I make a game with it and make a multiplayer system using it and package that game and publish it on steam ? Or do I have to change sth then ? Thank you in advance

please, when I make a dedicated server and players connect , it still shows 0 players when I find the session and use the Get Current players function.

[QUOTE=Control;736306]
please, when I make a dedicated server and players connect , it still shows 0 players when I find the session and use the Get Current players function.

Prettttty sure that function has been broken since at least 4.15…its listed on Epics bug tracker.

hi plz can you tell me if i can make a reliable final game using this plugin ?

I have raised the value of find sesssions to a large number and added filters as well. Still the find advanced sessions node returns me 0 sessions.

I am using UE4.15. I have my own appid. I am using the advanced sessions plug in. The find advanced sessions node with filters and a very large value returns 0 as found sessions. Can anybody please help me.

[QUOTE=Sudeep Singh;737871]
I am using UE4.15. I have my own appid. I am using the advanced sessions plug in. The find advanced sessions node with filters and a very large value returns 0 as found sessions. Can anybody please help me.

Post your log in code brackets, any issues will show up in that.

[QUOTE=mohammedqasrawi;736440]
hi plz can you tell me if i can make a reliable final game using this plugin ?

No more / less than the built in nodes for it.

There have been multiple released games using it already if that is your question, there isn’t anything to be “reliable” with it, its for the most part just exposing engine functions to blueprint with some minor exceptions (steam nodes).

I checked the output logs. So the server is being found on steam with ping 99999 and when I get sessions proeprties I set up as extra settings, it goes to not found. This issue only exists when using steam subsystem. Can u suggest a solution to this?

[QUOTE=Sudeep Singh;738461]
I checked the output logs. So the server is being found on steam with ping 99999 and when I get sessions proeprties I set up as extra settings, it goes to not found. This issue only exists when using steam subsystem. Can u suggest a solution to this?

Are you searching for sessions with the same keys as you are hosting with?

Also steam has a length to the custom fields, shorten the key names and try to shorten the data as much as possible.

I have reduced the key names to three letters. I still get not found. The ping is still 9999. I am searching for sessions with same keys as created.

[QUOTE=Sudeep Singh;738688]
I have reduced the key names to three letters. I still get not found. The ping is still 9999. I am searching for sessions with same keys as created.

PM me your log if you can, there has to be another error, Steam is functional as I test with it for my VR stuff daily.

Hi
Is there are a way to make a session with password ?

I think I am not able to retrieve extra settings from session in steam. Have you encountered this issue?

[QUOTE=Sudeep Singh;738930]
I think I am not able to retrieve extra settings from session in steam. Have you encountered this issue?

No I haven’t, I filter all of my sessions with extra settings to prevent the log spam.