Advanced Sessions Plugin

URGENT PLEASE…:frowning:
I put my character in place of the “ThirdPersonCharacter” blueprint but when I connect to the server my movements do not work well in multiplayer, I understand the problem is in creating and linking to the server in multiplayer but I did not understand where…

[QUOTE=visualnotte;727008]
URGENT PLEASE…:frowning:
I put my character in place of the “ThirdPersonCharacter” blueprint but when I connect to the server my movements do not work well in multiplayer, I understand the problem is in creating and linking to the server in multiplayer but I did not understand where…

If you manually move your character (IE: Set position) it won’t work very well in multiplayer. You need to either set up replication for the movements or use the built in character movement replication with AddInput calls.

hi,

i can get my friends steam avatar but how to get my own steam avatar with blueprints?

thanks in advance,

[QUOTE=;727088]
If you manually move your character (IE: Set position) it won’t work very well in multiplayer. You need to either set up replication for the movements or use the built in character movement replication with AddInput calls.

not is the problem! all me project work well with multiplayer, If I run without AdvancedSession the project work, but when I CreateSession and JoinSession not work the movement, the player SERVER not see the movement, but the client see the all movement and see also movement from SERVER…Only player SERVER not see the movement from other client player

[QUOTE=;727089]
hi,

i can get my friends steam avatar but how to get my own steam avatar with blueprints?

thanks in advance,

You can get your UniqueNetID from your player controller/player state and pass that in.

Can u add “status info” about a friends? Like a: {playername} playing in Grand Theft Auto 5 and etc, thx <3

Is there any way to get what game a friend is playing from FriendInfo or even their ID?

Do we have to wait for Epic to be able to use the InviteReceived event?

hi,

when i invite a friend to my game and he accept it he never joins my server. how can i solve this?

thanks in advance,

[QUOTE=rojo8399;727933]
Do we have to wait for Epic to be able to use the InviteReceived event?

Invite received should work, but you’ll need your game instance to be based off of the AdvancedSessions game instance for it to call the event in the player controller as well.

[QUOTE=;728324]
hi,

when i invite a friend to my game and he accept it he never joins my server. how can i solve this?

thanks in advance,

Same as above, on the invite received event call join session.

[QUOTE=FunnyCheeze;727743]
Can u add “status info” about a friends? Like a: {playername} playing in Grand Theft Auto 5 and etc, thx <3

Added GetSteamFreindGamePlayed today, it returns the AppID and (maybe) the GameName. If retrieving the game name fails it will be an empty string and just the AppID is returned.

The problem is that the AppList interface I use to get the game name is listed as:

[QUOTE]
This is a restricted interface that can only be used by previously approved apps, please let us know via the Steamworks discussion board if you believe that you need access to this API.

So outside of AppID 480 it likely doesn’t work without request, an alternative would be using the WebAPI for steam and

[QUOTE]
GetAppList
GET https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetAppList/v2/

To get information about the returned AppID.

It will be in an update later today, looking to add more as long as I have the files open, think the VR plugin can sit for a day.

Pushed a new commit to the repository…

Pre-packaged binaries will be uploaded when the compilation is done.

Added SteamRequestGroupOfficers function to the sessions plugin.

Added GetSteamGroups to the sessions plugin.

Added GetSteamFriendGamePlayed function to the sessions plugin.

Edit Uploaded binary package

• I just updated to 4.16 and downloaded the 4.16 package in your first post. I then installed it into the engine plugins folder. However every time I compile now I get the following errors. This happens in both VS and if I hit the Compile button in the editor.

CompilerResultsLog:Error: Error c:\program files\epic games\ue_4.16\engine\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\classes\BlueprintDataDefinitions.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘BlueprintDataDefinitions.generated.h’: No such file or directory
CompilerResultsLog:Error: Error c:\program files\epic games\ue_4.16\engine\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\classes\BlueprintDataDefinitions.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘BlueprintDataDefinitions.generated.h’: No such file or directory

I even tried creating a brand new blank project, but get the same error. I have an older version of AdvancedSessions installed in 4.15 and it works fine. I’ve checked all the files and everything looks in order… I haven’t deleted anything or modified the files. I even tried downloading and reinstalling a second time just in case. Any ideas?

Edit: I have since tried installing the plugin in the project instead of the engine and that seems to work. Compiles ok now. I would like to get it into the engine though so I don’t have to update for every project. Any ideas why it doesn’t work when installed to the engine?

[QUOTE=wilberolive;728842]

• I just updated to 4.16 and downloaded the 4.16 package in your first post. I then installed it into the engine plugins folder. However every time I compile now I get the following errors. This happens in both VS and if I hit the Compile button in the editor.

I even tried creating a brand new blank project, but get the same error. I have an older version of AdvancedSessions installed in 4.15 and it works fine. I’ve checked all the files and everything looks in order… I haven’t deleted anything or modified the files. I even tried downloading and reinstalling a second time just in case. Any ideas?

Edit: I have since tried installing the plugin in the project instead of the engine and that seems to work. Compiles ok now. I would like to get it into the engine though so I don’t have to update for every project. Any ideas why it doesn’t work when installed to the engine?

its trying to access an intermediate folder file that is auto generated but is missing. Build the plugin for every build version in the project so that those files are fresh and then move the plugin back to the engine folder (wiping all current files there first).

[QUOTE=;728857]
its trying to access an intermediate folder file that is auto generated but is missing. Build the plugin for every build version in the project so that those files are fresh and then move the plugin back to the engine folder (wiping all current files there first).

OK, I so I’m giving this a go. It is compiling ok for any of the editor configurations (i.e. Debug Editor and Development Editor), however the other configurations (Debug, Development, Shipping) all give the following error (paths have been shortened).

All source files in module “AdvancedSessions” must include the same precompiled header first. Currently “…\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedExternalUILibrary.h” is included by most of the source files. The following source files are not including “…\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedExternalUILibrary.h” as their first include

[QUOTE=wilberolive;728864]
OK, I so I’m giving this a go. It is compiling ok for any of the editor configurations (i.e. Debug Editor and Development Editor), however the other configurations (Debug, Development, Shipping) all give the following error (paths have been shortened).

All source files in module “AdvancedSessions” must include the same precompiled header first. Currently “…\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedExternalUILibrary.h” is included by most of the source files. The following source files are not including “…\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedExternalUILibrary.h” as their first include

Mmmmm, that shouldn’t be the case, I’m using IWYU now instead so there is no precompiled header. You transferred all of the files right (build.cs)? Not just the source files?

Delete the intermediate folder entirely in the plugin folder to make sure its not using data from before 4.15/.16 moved to IWYU, because for the precompiled binaries I have to fully build all versions.

My problem here still exists…

[QUOTE=Chaosgod_Espér;729153]
My problem here still exists…

Are you on mac or linux? How did you get the plugin? Direct source or one of the pre-compiled downloads.

Are you using the correct version for your engine version?

It basically looks like it needs to be compiled…which means you are using a platform that I can’t compile for or are using the wrong version.

using windows

We tried both, the pre-compiled and Source versions.
We are using 4.16.1 Version of UE4, using this version of your Plugin: AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-16.zip - Google Drive

[QUOTE=Chaosgod_Espér;729515]
using windows

We tried both, the pre-compiled and Source versions.
We are using 4.16.1 Version of UE4, using this version of your Plugin: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cM3oP2O4-UbzFDcGIwaENEY1U

Missing modules means that its not compiled for your engine, regardless of why, if you installed the source version did you actually compile it? You need to launch through the compiler once, not just the uproject if it isn’t compiled.

[QUOTE=;728539]

Added GetSteamFreindGamePlayed today, it returns the AppID and (maybe) the GameName. If retrieving the game name fails it will be an empty string and just the AppID is returned.

if i get only AppID node gone to Failture? If it’s not, please, add output (or exec) like “Only AppID”