Advanced Sessions Plugin

I see, I hadn’t caught that since I had avoided using the IOnlineExternalUI… If you know the best way to implement that I’d appreciate a little guidance on that front.

I’ll see what I can dig up for that… Guess I’ll have to look into Slate next.

Thanks for the help!

Edit Also want to try a new request, can you change the Login proxy to allow users to specify their own AuthType for the AccountCreds, then if empty set it to the Identity->GetAuthType(), this way users of my Subsystem can specify which type of authentication they are providing? Thanks!

I am trying to implement voice chat and I can’t seem to get it working quite right.

I have inputted the correct lines into DefaultEngine.ini and DefaultGame.ini and am using Steam. The voice chat works when everyone joins the lobby, but then after a server travel to the actual game/map, the voice chat stops working and no matter what I do, push to talk, start networked voice, register local talker, etc, the voice chat never seems to come back, any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for the help and nice work with the plugin!

[QUOTE=MaximusJobs;693923]
I see, I hadn’t caught that since I had avoided using the IOnlineExternalUI… If you know the best way to implement that I’d appreciate a little guidance on that front.

I’ll see what I can dig up for that… Guess I’ll have to look into Slate next.

Thanks for the help!

Edit Also want to try a new request, can you change the Login proxy to allow users to specify their own AuthType for the AccountCreds, then if empty set it to the Identity->GetAuthType(), this way users of my Subsystem can specify which type of authentication they are providing? Thanks!

You might want to look into just adding some custom nodes to handle the subsystem, I am not familer with how that service works but as a plugin there is nothing wrong with adding dedicated login / logout nodes for it. As long as the core is still a subsystem / identity interface.

If the service doesn’t already have an external logic UI then there is no point in using that node and having to make your own, you would be better off exposing the login system to blueprint so that the end user can make their own login menu.

[QUOTE=nicholasbagamian;694652]
I am trying to implement voice chat and I can’t seem to get it working quite right.

I have inputted the correct lines into DefaultEngine.ini and DefaultGame.ini and am using Steam. The voice chat works when everyone joins the lobby, but then after a server travel to the actual game/map, the voice chat stops working and no matter what I do, push to talk, start networked voice, register local talker, etc, the voice chat never seems to come back, any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for the help and nice work with the plugin!

Did you check the log for voice system errors? I haven’t heard of that issue before, but I would assume that it would have been reported by now as that workflow (lobby -> map) is default behavior.

[QUOTE=;694736]
Did you check the log for voice system errors? I haven’t heard of that issue before, but I would assume that it would have been reported by now as that workflow (lobby -> map) is default behavior.

I checked the logs and nothing is out of the ordinary for voice. I have tried reregistering all the remote talkers, I have tried unmuting all the remote talkers. All without any luck. I found some other people who have this similar issue with 4.15 on this post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/580964/steam-voice-chat-stops-working-after-server-travel.html.

Maybe it is a problem with 4.15? Or am I missing something?

[QUOTE=nicholasbagamian;695056]
I checked the logs and nothing is out of the ordinary for voice. I have tried reregistering all the remote talkers, I have tried unmuting all the remote talkers. All without any luck. I found some other people who have this similar issue with 4.15 on this post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/580964/steam-voice-chat-stops-working-after-server-travel.html.

Maybe it is a problem with 4.15? Or am I missing something?

Yeah that looks like a new issue then…

This plugin doesn’t change any voice behavior (or even call any function related to it), it just opens up access to the functions to it for manual use.
Anything that breaks without input from you (unregistering, ect) is an engine bug and unrelated.

Been a bunch of these popping up recently without major changes to subsystems, really hope an overhaul gets going soon.

Hi, sorry for reviving this old thread but I recently downloaded this plugin for windows and it works great, however when trying to use it on mac it says the module is missing or incompatible. Is there a way around this or this a windows only plugin? I am using UE4 on mac because I need to package my game for mac users too.

Could someone provide an example of how to use the voice system?

This is what I have on my player controller (PushToTalk is a input binding to the “B” key):
http://i.imgur.com/m9U2Tvj.png <= This is in my player controller

This is in my DefaultEngine.ini

[Voice] 
bEnabled=true

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
bRequiresPushToTalk=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
PollingIntervalInMs=20
; Uncomment the following line to use the Null Subsystem
;DefaultPlatformService=Null
; Uncomment the following lines to use the Steam Subsystem
DefaultPlatformService=Steam
bHasVoiceEnabled=true
VoiceNotificationDelta=0.2 

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
bEnabled=true
SteamDevAppId=480
SteamAppId=480
GameServerQueryPort=27015
bRelaunchInSteam=false
GameVersion=1.0.0.0
bVACEnabled=1
bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
P2PConnectionTimeout=90
; This is to prevent subsystem from reading other achievements that may be defined in parent .ini
Achievement_0_Id=""

Hi there I just discovered and downloaded this plugin and was very excited to use it but every time I try to create or find advanced sessions it fails.

I followed a tutorial on youtube and also tried messing around with it myself but every single time it fails. I’m on windows 10 64 bit and I tried it both on UE 4.14 and 4.15. Any idea what’s going wrong?

Okay so I opened the example project and saw the red “cast to playercontroller” node and tried to copy that over to my other blueprint but it says “conflicting node substituded during paste”. Any way I can fix this?

[QUOTE=poke1103;695501]
Could someone provide an example of how to use the voice system?

This is what I have on my player controller (PushToTalk is a input binding to the “B” key):
http://i.imgur.com/m9U2Tvj.png <= This is in my player controller

This is in my DefaultEngine.ini

[Voice] 
bEnabled=true

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
bRequiresPushToTalk=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
PollingIntervalInMs=20
; Uncomment the following line to use the Null Subsystem
;DefaultPlatformService=Null
; Uncomment the following lines to use the Steam Subsystem
DefaultPlatformService=Steam
bHasVoiceEnabled=true
VoiceNotificationDelta=0.2 

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
bEnabled=true
SteamDevAppId=480
SteamAppId=480
GameServerQueryPort=27015
bRelaunchInSteam=false
GameVersion=1.0.0.0
bVACEnabled=1
bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
P2PConnectionTimeout=90
; This is to prevent subsystem from reading other achievements that may be defined in parent .ini
Achievement_0_Id=""

Voice should “just work”

Things i have noticed to cause issues;
“Prject Settings” -> “Audio” -> “Voip sound class”
First make sure it is valid, and is part of your “master” mix, and has a sane volume…
Also make sure that “always play” is checked in your voice class. as this will cause headaches if others are marked as always play, and this is not…

Your config looks good to go.

[QUOTE=gozu;696009]
Voice should “just work”

Things i have noticed to cause issues;
“Prject Settings” -> “Audio” -> “Voip sound class”
First make sure it is valid, and is part of your “master” mix, and has a sane volume…
Also make sure that “always play” is checked in your voice class. as this will cause headaches if others are marked as always play, and this is not…

Your config looks good to go.

Is “Register All Local Talkers” even needed? I just added it because it seemed like I may need it. Also, what about register remote talker? What do you mean by part of your “master” mix? I don’t currently have any sounds in my game as of yet LOL Haven’t even messed with the audio system in UE4, looks pretty robust though, has built in modulation and reverb…etc

This is literally all I have:

[QUOTE=poke1103;696152]
Is “Register All Local Talkers” even needed? I just added it because it seemed like I may need it. Also, what about register remote talker? What do you mean by part of your “master” mix? I don’t currently have any sounds in my game as of yet LOL Haven’t even messed with the audio system in UE4, looks pretty robust though, has built in modulation and reverb…etc

This is literally all I have:

Don’t register anything, that is all done by default. Those nodes are only there for if you ever “Unregister” a player so you can get them back. Muting is generally a better option.

[QUOTE=Brylos;695969]
Hi there I just discovered and downloaded this plugin and was very excited to use it but every time I try to create or find advanced sessions it fails. I followed a tutorial on youtube and also tried messing around with it myself but every single time it fails. I’m on windows 10 64 bit and I tried it both on UE 4.14 and 4.15. Any idea what’s going wrong?

You are trying to create a dedicated server session, you need to actually package out a dedicated server for that to work which requires a source build so you can change build targets.

[QUOTE=;696170]
Don’t register anything, that is all done by default. Those nodes are only there for if you ever “Unregister” a player so you can get them back. Muting is generally a better option.

The part with it saying “LocalPlayerNum” on the StartNetworkedVoice node. Can this be left as 0?

[QUOTE=poke1103;696257]
The part with it saying “LocalPlayerNum” on the StartNetworkedVoice node. Can this be left as 0?

Yeah, local player num 0 would be the first player.

Okay so I fixed that issue but now my game will not package. I keep getting package failed. I looked through this thread and I saw the solution to add the plugins to the engine folder plugins not just the project plugins and I’m still getting package failed. Any idea how I can fix this?

Here are the last few lines of the output log. Don’t know if they’ll help but maybe they will:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL, ProjectBuildTargets TargetMask)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] Arguments)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

Hi, I get this error when building :confused: Any ideas how I could fix this ? UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: D:/ThirdpersonGame/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4/Development/AdvancedSessions/PCH.AdvancedSessions.h(32): error C2001: newline in constan

[QUOTE=Brylos;696379]
Okay so I fixed that issue but now my game will not package. I keep getting package failed. I looked through this thread and I saw the solution to add the plugins to the engine folder plugins not just the project plugins and I’m still getting package failed. Any idea how I can fix this?

Here are the last few lines of the output log. Don’t know if they’ll help but maybe they will:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL, ProjectBuildTargets TargetMask)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] Arguments)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

The last few lines don’t help, you need to show me above that where the actual error is.

[QUOTE=NijoMeister;696383]
Hi, I get this error when building :confused: Any ideas how I could fix this ? UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: D:/ThirdpersonGame/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4/Development/AdvancedSessions/PCH.AdvancedSessions.h(32): error C2001: newline in constan

Did you just update and are manually building it? You’ll need to delete the intermediate folder. I removed the PCH file and went with the engines new IWYU header style, that is showing an old setup that doesn’t exist in the plugin anymore epics generated file is outdated.

Failed to produce item UE4-AdvancedSessions.lib packaging for Win32.

Hi there

As always, your development work on this plugin continues to be awesome.
I’ve recently upgraded my project and advanced sessions plugin to UE 4.15.1. Everything works fine in the editor but I’ve come across an issue when packaging(specifically when building).
Packaging and building for Win32 fails, producing the log below.

[Output Log]

I ran a Win64 build and package for the project and it succeeded with no issues. Do you have any advice that would help me out ?

Kind Regards,
MrNexy