Advanced Sessions Plugin

[QUOTE=Drommedar;650778]

EDIT2:
Just found out that it doesn’t really use Steam at all. Could be that the crash is because of that.

Looks like a lib file is missing somewhere.

[QUOTE=MrJamesWeston;651102]
Hey , I’m having troubles with the plugin. Everytime I make an ‘Advanced Session’ I’m noticing significant FPS Drop. I’ve tried work arounds in the UE, but I’m basically stumped at this point. (I’m using 4.13.1). Any solutions or any fixes you can think of?

What do you mean when you “make”? As in when it is loading the new level? All the time? The nodes are asynchronous they shouldn’t cause fps drops, but you didn’t provide when in the hosting process that it has issues.

1 Like

Found sessions always show 1 player on server

[QUOTE=ReaperF;637567]
Hi, i’m trying to run my dedicated server with Steam using the plugin but i’m having the “0 current players” problem on update too and also sometimes when a player logs out from the server it becomes invisible from the in-game server browser, while Steam still shows it. What could i do in order to fix that? Restarting the system or changing the ports sometimes helps with the “invisible” issue. I’m using 4.13.2, thank you in advance.

Have a similar problem. Did anyone ever solve this issue with all found game sessions showing 1/16 players, regardless of how many players are actually on the server?
Would be super happy if there is a way to solve it. ^^

1 Like

Having issues in 4.14.3 FindSessions always returns length of 0. 4.13 no problems… everything works great. Lots of poeple on discord are saying same thing… suggestions?

1 Like

[QUOTE=walldiv;653406]
Having issues in 4.14.3 FindSessions always returns length of 0. 4.13 no problems… everything works great. Lots of poeple on discord are saying same thing… suggestions?

Can you post the log? If something went wrong with the function it will list it there. Also do the default nodes work? Some people were updating without using the new version of the plugin and getting “Mismatched” engine build errors thrown.

Also I really don’t know why this thread stopped giving me updates when posts are made in it…

1 Like

[QUOTE=;653496]
Can you post the log? If something went wrong with the function it will list it there. Also do the default nodes work? Some people were updating without using the new version of the plugin and getting “Mismatched” engine build errors thrown.

Also I really don’t know why this thread stopped giving me updates when posts are made in it…

I have the same problem, LAN works perfectly, when they are not the find session retourn 0 … I have 4.14.3 … how do I fix? in previous versions it worked everything perfect … thanks for the work done

1 Like

[QUOTE=Andrea92;655468]
I have the same problem, LAN works perfectly, when they are not the find session retourn 0 … I have 4.14.3 … how do I fix? in previous versions it worked everything perfect … thanks for the work done

I’ll recompile the binaries for 4.14.3 and re-upload, it might still be 4.14.2 in the zip currently, sometimes the upload fails to complete.

Edit Yea I checked the upload date and the last one didn’t complete, it was a month before 4.14.3 (4.14.2), lots of the recent hotfixes require plugin recompiles or it lists as a different engine version.

Should be ok now?

1 Like

[QUOTE=;655491]
I’ll recompile the binaries for 4.14.3 and re-upload, it might still be 4.14.2 in the zip currently, sometimes the upload fails to complete.

Edit Yea I checked the upload date and the last one didn’t complete, it was a month before 4.14.3 (4.14.2), lots of the recent hotfixes require plugin recompiles or it lists as a different engine version.

Should be ok now?

Hi … sorry I’m late !! I did several tests and the plugin does not work without steam and I can not find the server, with active steam instead works perfectly …

1 Like

[QUOTE=Andrea92;655843]
Hi … sorry I’m late !! I did several tests and the plugin does not work without steam and I can not find the server, with active steam instead works perfectly …

Sorry that was a little confusing, do you mean that you can’t find non LAN sessions if steam isn’t enabled?

If so then that is correct behavior, the default subsystem has to be LAN, you need another subsystem like steam for non lan connections.

If you meant that steam has to be running then yea…if steam is set to your default subsystem then it has to be running in order to work.

1 Like

Yeah just re-tested over steam using latest upload on 4.14.3 and everything worked fine…

1 Like

OMG IT WORKS FORGER ABOUT THIS

Great plugin and all, however I cant seem to be able to get it to work. Ive tried literally a dozen times now (trust me ive counted) making the project and packaging it, sending it to a friend. Either 1. it finds a session, doesnt show it in the server browser. or 2. It does show it, but i am not able to join when clicked. or 3. No sessions are found.

Im really tired right now, I know that the plugin works for pretty much everyone, but I will just be using the default create a session/join for now. But this is just a preemptive THANK YOU for making this, as I will be using it in the future but for me its just not working at the moment lol :T

1 Like

[QUOTE=;655869]
Sorry that was a little confusing, do you mean that you can’t find non LAN sessions if steam isn’t enabled?

If so then that is correct behavior, the default subsystem has to be LAN, you need another subsystem like steam for non lan connections.

If you meant that steam has to be running then yea…if steam is set to your default subsystem then it has to be running in order to work.

I did a bit of confusion between LAN subsystem and steam, this is the right way to how it should work, thanks for the clarification …

1 Like

Greetings. Is there any way to get how many players are in a session with steam? Currently all found sessions display 1 player, regardless of the actual amount.

1 Like

I have a bit of a problem. I can see listen servers when I look for sessions, but I can’t see a dedicated server. I feel like I probably did something wrong, but this is how I did it.

I am using Steam. The level blueprint of the default server map calls the Create Advanced Session node with dedicated checked and presence unchecked. After creating the session I use Open Level to open the map I want players to join. So the dedicated server should be creating a dedicated session, but other players cannot find it when they search for games using Find Advanced Session which is set to look for dedicated servers as well as listen servers.

What could I be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve added few functions which I found useful in my own project.

https://bitbucket.org//advancedsessionsplugin/pull-requests/1/added-isvaliduniquenetid-and/diff

1 Like

[QUOTE=CriErr;657789]
I’ve added few functions which I found useful in my own project.

https://bitbucket.org//advancedsessionsplugin/pull-requests/1/added-isvaliduniquenetid-and/diff

Looks good, will pull them in, though there might be a better way to compare the ids.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;657796]
Looks good, will pull them in, though there might be a better way to compare the ids.

I’m new to c++ and I didn’t manage to understand the whole underlying structure of subsystems and unique id, so there are sure might be one.

1 Like

Just a quick question, I’m on 4.14.3 and whenever I enable the plugin in the plugin setting, my game lags to 15fps in when I click play; doesn’t matter if it’s in the viewport or standalone. I tried to bring down graphics, but that isn’t the issue. It works fine at 160fps without it enabled. Any idea why? All I did is put the plugin in the plugin folder and clicked enable, then did this: :confused:

Edit: So it turns out that that plugin works fine as long as I don’t have the Profile Picture thing connected to the return node. Any idea why this might cause the game to lag?

1 Like

Where this function is? If its in UI and you just bind picture to function, it called every tick.

1 Like

It is a binding of an Image in the Widget Blueprint

1 Like

[QUOTE=CriErr;658217]
Where this function is? If its in UI and you just bind picture to function, it called every tick.

Maybe calling it every tick is the problem, how do I put a delay on that or something so that it’s not called every tick? I know that you can’t put a delay in a function so.

1 Like