Advanced Sessions Plugin

[QUOTE=Fabry911;621191]
yes, i’m using UE 4.13.2 and the plugin with the same version 4.13.2
i just implemented this to the DefaultEngine.ini:

and enabled Advanced Sessions from Plugins menu Screenshot by Lightshot

Advanced sessions has to be added to your build.cs to package out correctly. Also in 4.13 you now also have to enabled the SteamSubsystem plugin in the plugins as it is no longer a normal engine module.

1 Like

I am using this plugin to host and connect to sessions on Steam. With CreateAdvancedSession, if ShouldAdvertise is true everything works fine, I can create a session, invite friends and they can connect. On the other hand, if I set ShouldAdvertise to false (for private matches) invited friends can’t connect and the Steam interface shows “<username> is not currently playing on any game server”. Anyone knows a correct way to create sessions that are not listed publicly?

1 Like

Hey , first let me also tell you that I love your plugin! It’s working very well and is a good learning resource :slight_smile:

My question: How’d I go about activating the “Join Game” function of Steam’s Friends List and then handling the Join Session? Is there an event that gets called?

1 Like

Does the UniqueNetID ever change? Is it like the Steam ID?

1 Like

[QUOTE=PDubulous;622257]
Does the UniqueNetID ever change? Is it like the Steam ID?

For steam it is the SteamID, for other platforms it may not be, but it won’t change within a session.

[QUOTE=mBeierling;622251]
Hey , first let me also tell you that I love your plugin! It’s working very well and is a good learning resource :slight_smile:

My question: How’d I go about activating the “Join Game” function of Steam’s Friends List and then handling the Join Session? Is there an event that gets called?

The Friends Game Instance provides a SessionInviteAcceptedDelegate that will be called when a user accepts a game invite / tries to join anothers game, the SessionInviteReceivedDelegate is sadly incomplete in at least Steams Subsystem code so it will not trigger, I left it in for when eventually they finish that section. So if you derive from that game instance or use it as your main game instance then you will have access to the events.

You can also enable calling the “InviteAcceptedDelegate” on the owning player controller in the game instance IF the owning player controller implements UAdvancedFriendsInterface.

1 Like

Hello! I was wondering whether it’s possible to grab stuff like playerstates from sessions you have not connected to?

Also is there any explanation for the different variable inputs in the create advanced session node?

1 Like

I also wonder about some of the create advanced session settings are about. “Extra settings?” for example.

Btw is there any way of getting steams matchmaking to work? I assume “use presence” creates a lobby session, but cant really verify if that works or not (other than the game starting up)

Cheers!

1 Like

[QUOTE=mBeierling;622251]

Cardinal Menu has an in-game Steam friends list that is joinable. That is all I was able to get to work. You can see it in the video. Avatars and player names are fetched along with the server they are playing in. As far as joining outside the game goes, it does not work yet. I’m not skilled enough to make that work.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;621208]
Advanced sessions has to be added to your build.cs to package out correctly. Also in 4.13 you now also have to enabled the SteamSubsystem plugin in the plugins as it is no longer a normal engine module.

ok, considering that, i’m using a blueprint project, i need to generate C++ code to add this to the build.cs file:

[QUOTE]
DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.Add(“OnlineSubsystemSteam”);

then i tried to creat a new class C++ (like how is showed at 5:00 here)but this is what happen

1 Like

4.14 Version ?

1 Like

Hi, I currently get a missing or incompatible modules in AdvancedSessions plugin error when using the 4.14.0 version of the plugin on the same version of the engine. I tried it on both my current project which went from 4.13.0 to 4.14.0, and on a new project using 4.14.0. Just wanted to check to see if it was my end, or not. My assumption is that your latest plugin was compiled of the last preview build and the new proper version broke it again.

Also, great job with the plugin, you’re helping 3 post-grad artists who can’t get work and have no experience of C++, the ability to continue using blueprint for our game. (Which funny, because don’t any art for it, as we have been focusing on blueprint for the past 2 months.)

1 Like

[QUOTE=Huttle;625292]
Hi, I currently get a missing or incompatible modules in AdvancedSessions plugin error when using the 4.14.0 version of the plugin on the same version of the engine. I tried it on both my current project which went from 4.13.0 to 4.14.0, and on a new project using 4.14.0. Just wanted to check to see if it was my end, or not. My assumption is that your latest plugin was compiled of the last preview build and the new proper version broke it again.

Also, great job with the plugin, you’re helping 3 post-grad artists who can’t get work and have no experience of C++, the ability to continue using blueprint for our game. (Which funny, because don’t any art for it, as we have been focusing on blueprint for the past 2 months.)

Having the same problem. It says the plugin is not compatible even I am using the 4.14 plugin.

1 Like

The plugin isn’t compatible with 4.14 version ! :frowning:

1 Like

Getting the same error here. Tried to create a fresh project on 4.14 and install the Adv. Sessions plugin, but the “plugin isn’t compatible” error shows up.

1 Like

Plugin is installing in 4.14 without issue for me. However, it IS causing the editor to hang when exiting Standalone PIE, making a force close from Task Manager necessary.

1 Like

Error missing or incompatible modules 4.14 version

1 Like

mmmm I recompiled it for 4.14 release. Maybe I deleted the wrong version. I will compile and reupload again today.

Edit Reuploaded:

Updated link as well.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;626304]
mmmm I recompiled it for 4.14 release. Maybe I deleted the wrong version. I will compile and reupload again today.

Edit Reuploaded:

Updated link as well.

Can confirm that the reuploaded version works with 4.14 release. Thanks for all you do :slight_smile:

1 Like

[QUOTE=;626304]

Edit Reuploaded:

Updated link as well.

it works for me, thanks

1 Like

The Get Current Players node on the Blueprint Session Result object always returns 0 even if there are connected players (from a dedicated server). This seems to have been mentioned on this thread many moons ago: Advanced Sessions Plugin - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums

1 Like