Advanced Sessions Plugin

[QUOTE=;306665]
The UpdateSession function is added into both of the new downloads.

Perfect :slight_smile:

Hmm not quite sure but there might be a Problem with the new node.

161140bddc2f7a7de53af177d1190b6b0fa79fe7.jpeg

Build this up for testing purpose, but all is does is print ā€œSession did maybe somethingā€, but no Success or Failure

Make sure you actually hosted a session first, also it appears that play in editor window doesnā€™t register the session with the backend. If you run as a standalone window it should work fine.

I did add a new check to throw OnFailure if the number of registered sessions is zero. Iā€™ll upload that sometime today.

Edit Uploaded

Ah okay, yeah the Problem was relating to the Editor Window.

Ist the 4.8 version for the preview or have you already updated it to the full release? When I try to convert my Project with the 4.8 Version of this Plugin from my 4.7 Version I get an Error.

[22/23] Link UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.dll
   Creating library C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.lib and object C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.exp
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-ProjectX.exp
Total build time: 100,61 seconds

Not really a programmer so I have no idea if its a Problem on my side or the plugins side. :slight_smile:

I just copied my 4.8 version over to a project I converted from 4.7 today and it worked right away. Delete the intermediate and binary folders in the plugin folder and try again.

[QUOTE=;309181]
I just copied my 4.8 version over to a project I converted from 4.7 today and it worked right away. Delete the intermediate and binary folders in the plugin folder and try again.

Yeah, was a Problem on my Side. For some reason the Application.ico in the Build Folder was not on my SVN and that was the reason it couldnā€™t compile :slight_smile:

Wow this is very nice. I am still new in UE4, will learn a lot from this. This blueprint seem to offer a lot of what I wanted, THANKS A LOT.

Iā€™ve been getting an error that iā€™m not sure to fix that says

[QUOTE]
Plugin ā€˜AdvancedSessionsā€™ failed to load because module ā€˜AdvancedSessionsā€™ does not appear to be compatible with the current version of the engine. The plugin may need to be recompiled

while initializing the project.
Iā€™m using the 4.8 version and engine and iā€™ve extracted it to the projectfolder/plugins. Any idea why this isnt working?
ā†“ Thanks, solved the problem c:

[QUOTE=dotdog20;312028]
Iā€™ve been getting an error that iā€™m not sure to fix that says while initializing the project.
Iā€™m using the 4.8 version and engine and iā€™ve extracted it to the projectfolder/plugins. Any idea why this isnt working?

Sorry, I never re-uploaded 4.8 after it officially released and blueprint only projects canā€™t use the old binaries. Iā€™ll re-upload with all of the binaries built now that blueprint only projects work with plugins.

Edit: New version of the 4.8 is up, should work with blueprint only projects now.

are you able to get a dedicated server to create/start a session with steam using the blueprint?
I get a crash in code doing on register server.

[QUOTE=Pirate;315351]
are you able to get a dedicated server to create/start a session with steam using the blueprint?
I get a crash in code doing on register server.

Can you give me the error? I havenā€™t tried with a dedicated server no, I also wasnā€™t expecting anyone to do a blueprint dedicated server.

Opps Error
I want a tutorial of how to use it

B

[QUOTE=;316040]
Opps Error
I want a tutorial of how to use it

B

The ā€œExample Blueprintsā€ folder that comes with it has examples in it to look at.

Thanks!

It was a wrong post. But thatā€™s okay I took advantage to give an entry. Because I found it interesting. Iā€™ll take a look at the blueprints. I can to enable steam api with this?

:B

Yes if you have the steam subsystem active and working then the blueprint nodes will work just fine. Epic made their backend subsystems so that they can be used pretty much the same no matter which one is active.

Great plugin ! :relaxed:

hi, I have a problem with this plugin.
I can t package my project.

I get this errors:

BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: You are attempting to compile on a machine that does not have a supported compiler!
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVer MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): sionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Dictionary2 PlatformEnvVars)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCommand.Execute()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: You are attempting to compile on a machine that does not have a supported compiler!
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogD3D11RHI: InitD3DDevice
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log filesā€¦
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

Awesome plugin and thank you!

is there a way to set up a create advanced session for a dedicated server? One that doesnt require the player controller

Im getting a build error on the mac

How should this be fixed?

[QUOTE=Blue man;335234]
hi, I have a problem with this plugin.
I can t package my project.

I get this errors: snip

Sorry man, this didnā€™t show up on my feed, in fact quite a few questions in here didnā€™t show up for some reason.

I tested the newest version of it with all of the binaries required to run as a blueprint only project and had it working fine for me, however I did not test packaging that BP only project.

I just remade the test project and tried to package it and the engine RECOMPILED the binaries for packaging even though I have already compiled the shipped versions of all binaries. You will need to install a compatible compiler even if you donā€™t touch any C++ for the engine to package it seems.

Honestly it is probably better to have a compiler installed along side it anyway, if you ever want to touch c++ you just can then and the engine obviously wasnā€™t intended to be fully standalone. You donā€™t have to compile or edit any code with an installed compiler, it just gives the engine the ability to do so when it needs to. The engine setup/installation page will have information for download VS Express for free and that will solve your problem.

It might be able to package without a compiler with the intermediate file structure included, but I really donā€™t want to bloat the download to 4 gigs instead of 37mb.