Out of curiosity, before your issue began to occur - had you been adding/removing plugins shortly before?
My project just started acting up again, it wouldn’t connect to Steam when launching as a Standalone anymore. All I can really think of is that yesterday I took a look at eXi’s sound visualization plugin - but later removed it after having tried it a bit. I’m thinking maybe that could have corrupted it?
It however seems like removing Binaries, Intermediate and Saved fixed the issue. It now connects to Steam when launching as a standalone. Mordentral said it seemed like some binaries were corrupted in the project I sent him earlier, so I guess he was right. Now I just need to figure out what actually breaks it so I can avoid it in the future.
Really all I remember doing as of lately is;
- Checked out eXi’s sound visualization plugin, later removed it.
- Worked with some logic in one of my gamemodes.
- Playtested in a different environment - use separate processes, launch as a listen server.
I’ll see if I can reproduce it :rolleyes:
Edit: Reproduction successful, at least in my case.
1. Untick Use Single Process
2. Change Editor Multiplayer Mode to Play as Listen Server
3. Change Number of Players to 2
4. Play and then close the game.
5. Revert the settings back to default; Use Single Process.
6. Steam no longer connects when launching as standalone, removing the folders Binaries, Intermediate and Saved is necessary to fix it.
Not sure if it’s logical why this happens, but it’s a 100% reproducible issue with my project which is unfortunate as I found playtesting in the above environment to be the most “accurate”. However, I now know what causes it and how I can fix it.