Advanced Locomotion System V3

Hey KingTumTum101.

Could you make a tutorial on how to add the Movement Animset Pro from Kubold?
I am not sure if that is even posible, since these animations use motion cap and different stop animations.

I would be very happy If you would reply.
Thanks.

P.s it is an awesome pack and worth buying!

Congratulations on releasing this, I know it’s a long time coming but it doesn’t disappoint! Not only this is a great pack out of the box, it also has loads of potential to be expanded and improved.

Couple things I’d love to see being added later:

• Foot placement IK function.
  • Character slowing down when going up a steep hill, and speeding up when going down a hill.
  • Ability to crouch.

Thanks!

Yeah there are a lot of things id like to add for future updates :D. This most requested feature is multiplayer support (also the hardest), so I’m focusing on that first.

KingTumTum101 -

It’s definitely cool stuff. Could you write a few lines about how you’d suggest inserting an attack animation into your AnimController? I’d just like to play a montage. I’ve tried putting the montage on its own blend group but it never plays.

Thanks!

Here is a tutorial were I clamped the viewport in firstperson

[video]- YouTube

And here is video that I found that should be very useful for KingTumTum101

[video]https://youtu.be/0XGximd6YlU[/video]

Heh, funny you posted this video. I literally just implemented this into my character yesterday, very useful! :smiley:

So, inside the documentation there’s no installation guide, so I tried to bring “Advanced Locomotion System V1” onto my own project, and the character does not move, weirdly enough jumping is the only action that seems to work. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Opening the Character BP on another project will give you the following warnings, which seems to me might be the problem here:
b8b7fbad1a1cf34b108eb513a2b8d9438e9a7636.jpeg

EDIT: I found the fix for this, I should have done a little bit more reseach before posting a question, but for anyone having this problem, you’re going to have to go to project settings and redo the Axis Mappings according to the naming conventions in the BP.

The animation used for this product, do it look and work for both genders? Like, some animation, they motion captured a man, so the walk cycle would look weird for a woman.

I didnt use any mo-cap for my animations, only key-frame. They do have a more masculine feel to them as they were made for Epic’s mannequin character, but they shouldn’t look too bad for a female character.

Does Epic not have a female mannequin?

They don’t have it but, I did watch once on yt that someone did create one.

That’s a shame, Epic should get on that and make an official female version.

Really glad to see this made it to the marketplace. Also glad to hear you’re working on multiplayer support. Getting complex animations to replicate/sync to other clients is indeed a pain(I didn’t get very far). This post by Kris might provide some useful hints. Aside from that using custom events that run on the server where possible/needed.

It also occurred to me you might have to change some things to allow the character’s head to look around without turning the capsule for multiplayer, I think that might be one major cause of desyncing right there. I keep thinking Couch Knights used several 2-bone IK nodes for the Head-Spine instead of aim offset.

It’s annoying, because ideally you shouldn’t need to replicate much cosmetic animation logic. What would normally be important to the server is speed, acceleration/deceleration, jump height, etc. If you think of them as RPG stats you don’t want someone hacking online.

Keep up the good work!

is this working with other the animations packs that can be found in the Marketplace?
if so, there is some documentation about this?

??

pd: i made this question a time ago, but I really did’t understand the response (I’m sorry probably a language limitation)

Hey Alexarg.

No, that was a Question for KingTumTum101 to make a tutorial, because other animation packs often use different stop animation than in KingTumTum101 Project.
I have found a lot of information scatter over the Internet but I don`t know how to put it in to blueprint myself.

Here I tried it in Spanish

No, esa era una pregunta para KingTumTum101 para hacer un tutorial, porque otros packs de animación usan animaciones de stop diferentes que en KingTumTum101 Project.
He encontrado mucha dispersión de la información en el Internet pero no sé ponerlo en el modelo yo mismo.

Hey!

Sorry about the late response, I must’ve skipped over your question accidentally. It should be pretty straightforward to swap out my animations with Kubolds mocap pack. All you would have to do is hook up the other animations / blend-spaces into the animgraph, replacing the ones that are currently there. You might want to copy how I have my animations set up in the blend-spaces for better results, and you could also use a combination of both of our animations (for additive leans etc). As far as stopping animations, that’s a pretty tricky question, as there could be multiple ways you could solve this. It could be possible to replace my stopping transition blendspace with his stopping animations, and then tweak some movement varialbes like “brakingdecelration” to eliminate as much foot sliding as possible. You might also want to change the when the “stopping” boolean is set for better blending results. You could also use my stopping transitions and idle pose with his locomotion animations, but you would have to remember to copy the correct anim curves for the walk cycles, so they match my animations.

Hope this helps!

I might try to post a tutorial in the future, but right now I am focused on adding more heavily requested features like network replication (which is hard :D)

Thanks both for the response! the question I made was in the Marketplace, and I had a response over there so no worries :slight_smile: . but this response is pretty better than the one in the marketplace
I am considering this asset for my projects, thanks again.

Hello mate, thanks for this awesome locomotion system!
Just in case, i would recommend you to put a graphs logic into reusable func library instead of collapsed graphs which are a bit laggy, and you can use functions from func library in any Blueprint what is a big advantage.
However, keep up the nice work!

Hi,

This system works on mobile?

I haven’t tested it but it should, although you might want to simplify or remove what you aren’t using for better performance.

someone managed to replace these animations with kubold package? someone help you can not figure out how to do? I tried but animations Kubold package are different, not only need to change only the animations, but need to make several changes that have I do not understand…:(… @KingTumTum101 you can help us? I understand that the multiplayer you like best, but we of the community we are asking for your help to put Kubold animations. Thanks friend