Knowledge Base: Adding New Asset Types

Managed to fix my problem by creating the FAssetTypeActions class and then registering in the module’s StartupModule function. But at the start of this section at the moment of writing this paragraph we can’t yet import an asset or create new asset in the editor.

Also, the guide is missing on where to find and how to add the code to the StartupModule function.

I managed to find the guide on how to do that here: Quick C++ Tip - Overriding your game's StartupModule / ShutdownModule functions.

Still, when you’re making a guide/tutorial, users should be able to just follow the steps even when they are experiencing it for the first time, and this guide is missing quite a lot of info that I, by chance, either already knew or managed to guess and research successfully. But what if there was no this other guide for overriding game’s startup module? I’d have to create a thread for it. But then there are other 10 things that’s missing from the guide. What if I already didn’t know it and/or couldn’t do them successfully? Create 10 threads total and spend 2 weeks on this?