Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

Hi Kvazimodo -

I was finally able to reproduce the crash in 4.8.3. I was not able to reproduce the crash in 4.9.2, so it looks like this particular issue was cleared up in 4.9. Please let me know if moving to 4.9 does not fix this crash for you.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric

I think that I have found the cause of the problem. I moved to version 4.9 and everything seems to be working fine, but it always crashes when you try to make level blueprint and cloud3 blueprint communicate with each other. The thing is that there is a parameter in the material of the cloud that regulates the emissive intensity, which I called “Corona”. I want the emissive to switch off at night and be visible only at daytime. So right now the level blueprint tells this Corona to be active at the stated event point “Corona Switch” in the Rotation Timeline and it works. The crash happens when you change something in the Corona Switch event graph. I changed the value of the point but I think any other changes will also cause the crash.
I will provide you with the latest project variant as I changed some things there.
Here is the log [link text][1]
And some screenshots

Hi -

I was able to successfully get a reproduction that was 100% and have entered the issue as UE-23236. As we investigate a solution, I will keep you informed here.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Thanks again for your help, Eric.

Hi Eric,
Are there any news on this problem?

Hi -

The issue has been assigned to an Engineer and they are actively looking at the root causes, but unfortunately I do not have a timeline for this one just yet.

Eric

Hi Kvazimodo -

I am testing a few different bugs and it looks like this issue will be cleared up in 4.11 Preview 5, but since we did have some issues finally getting a repro I wanted to ask if you could test a copy of your project to see if you get the same crash. You should not, the copy that I have here does not crash in 4.11.

Let me know -

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,
I will try and test the project in a new version.

Ivan

Thanks Ivan

Let us know what your results are when you are able.

Eric Ketchum

Ok, so it still crashes. Even more, the tessellation is not working.
Here is what I got - I made some corrections to the level blueprint, but the game seems to be crashing randomly.
[link text][1]

Hello -

The Tessellation is a known issue in 4.11 and is being worked on, but it looks like your issue is still reoccuring. I have updated the information on the bug report and added the new crash information, thank you. I will try to keep you informed as we continue to try to investigate a solution.

Thank You again -

Eric Ketchum