AAA Grass

Reading the package description and technical details is necessary before making any purchase. I think I have explained it clearly there what you’d be getting. That said, while there’s only one grass, there are 9 very different looking grass fields included in the package as an example.

Now that we’ve got 120 on a 2D screen you just know I’m going to ask you to give me 120 FPS on an HTC Vive so we can get this in our current VR project :slight_smile: Can’t let you think the performance fun is over quite yet

Is landscape color function/texture for nice blending included?

Ok, where do i get this?

Alright, thanks for the reply! :wink:

@Ironbelly, I don’t have a VR device… :frowning:
We’ll figure something out.
@nkey, Just a basic grass texture on the ground.
@Monsterlutz, Soon when it’s passed the review and gets released on the UE4 Marketplace.
@TimSkijwalker, Thanks for asking! :slight_smile:

OP updated.

Hi this is a very nice looking grass. A question: is it possible to give it a snowy looking to it?

Does this grass material come with wind, if so is it possible to see it on video?

Hello :slight_smile:
@Alexarg, Snow option isn’t there at the moment. I will add it soon. @janpec, There are 3 wind modes included, each is customizable as well. You can see one in the performance test video I posted in the OP.

Very very happy with my purchase!

I can’t really speak about performance since I butchered your LODs, my scene isn’t optimized very much (I’m not an artist, so it’s all trial and error) and my LS Mat is rather beefy, also I don’t really have a frame of reference to go off of; but with foliage on I loose about 5-6fps at a distance of 15,000 can’t give you my desity since it changes depending on certain criteria

I’ll post a better before/after benchmark tomorrow with your default settings.

Also, is there any plans on adding some more mesh variations?

5-6 FPS sounds reasonable for a view distance of 15,000 for grass. The view distance is too high though. Usually by having a good grass texture on the ground you can barely notice the grass meshes disappearing at a distance of like 7,000 to 10,000.
I’d do updates to the material system and add more meshes later but currently I don’t have enough time.

Looks great. Good work!

Looks great, but i hope you didnt call it AAA Grass :wink:

Hi all,

Advanced Grass Material is now released: Advanced Grass Material in Materials - UE Marketplace