ue5.1 and perforce -- unable to revert levels in ue5.1 projects

Using ue5.1 projects with perforce source control and no one is able to revert levels from the editor.

Recreation steps from a project with perforce source control setup all in editor:

1. create a new level and mark for add or check out an existing level (neither open in editor)
  2. from source control select revert
  3. Files remain either marked for add (new level) or checked out
  4. LogSourceControl: Warning: This operation could not complete on the following map or external packages, please unload them before retrying : /Game/Assets/perforce_test

The level is not open so I don’t understand why it is asking to unload the level

Maybe there is something that needs to be configured in ue5.1 that differs from previous versions?

Some other things tried while trouble shooting this:

• reverting from the p4v app works as expected
  • Created a new project with ue5.0.3. Following the same steps above revert works as expected. Updated the project to ue5.1 and no longer able to revert levels.
  • Testing random other assets in ue5.1 like materials, BPs, and revert works as expected
  • This is a perforce sever / depot that has been in use for several years with multiple 4.x and 5.0.3 projects with perforce revert working as expected.
1 Like

Hey there @t1t4! Welcome to the community! This sounds like a massive blocker. I can’t find any documentation on changes to the perforce source control link setup. Let’s see if we can narrow down what change broke the feature.

Are all of the levels you tested this on using One File Per Actor? That’s the new default for world partition levels, but must be enabled for other level types.

I was following a somewhat similar issue from 5.03 causing the cache to be invalidated and thought it may be related, but since it’s working in 5.03 for you maybe not?

Issue number: UE-169928