Lost my first built in space how to zoom into it again?

Hello Beginner here coming from Sketchup and Lumion. I built my first floor of a dwelling. All went well till I tried to add light. I pushed something wrong and lost total visual track of the project. All I got was a nice cloudy sky and then could’see and find my project again. Spend hours trying.
Also when I close and restart UE5.02 I see the name of it in the location(path) but not a button that says “OPEN” but only one that says “CREATE”
Is that the way to reload a project? It seems to create one new project each time which is very confusing.
Thank you.

Hey @visualsenses!

Can you not see your project in your My Projects section of the launcher? If you do, if you right click (or double click) that does it not allow you to open it?

EpicGamesLauncher_ELKWpvSQOV

If you are trying to open directly from the UE application, are you looking in the recent projects folder?

Any additional information you can provide will be a big help in solving your problem.

Thank you I will try this tonight at home and let you know.

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I have been trying to learn more and more, yet many obstacles as per other Forum posts.
I have managed to build basic structures but major issues
on how to ask and making question posts
and issues with renaming greyed out

You would need an editor tool to rename multiple objects at once. The rename only works with single instances of objects.

I built a quick editor tool to do this. Put it in your content folder and right click it in engine “Run Editor Utility Widget”

A window should pop up. Select the objects you want to rename, type in the name in the name field, offset in the offset field (if needed) and click rename. It should rename the selected assets.

Renamer.uasset (80.7 KB)

OMG even getting around in this Forum isn’t easy.
I just see your kind reply now. I have come a long way around, life what can I say

Where do I find this editor tool?
Managed to import my fbx but it only showed partially.
Which left me deflated.
Then family matters and summer etc. and finally now I am back at UE again.
By now I learend that I did not select options to load my FBX to import double sided
and triangulate etc. Its ONE model about 16 levels 9above ground
I just re exported the SKU fbx it showed 15.000+ meshes
What can I say.
I can’t see myself to divide it all up it’s over 5000 groups etc
1.5 year or work to build in SKU it renders perfectly in Lumion
So I was hoping to take it to UE for my VR VIVE helmet
Last time it worked but so many things were missing.
NOW I have this new dillema about one hundred meshes did not import
but I still can see the model no where and don’t know where and what to click
to make it visible.
So many questions and not the right lingo to properly search and find
or ask the relevant questions.
Thank you for your time from a 55+ designer trying his best to not be lost
and learning UE to get away from licence fees and
wanting to try to create one game if it ever will be one.
I am here in Vancouver Canada and can’t find one IN PERSON course
where on can learn UE . I even made an add on craigslist to find someone local.

Hello :slight_smile: The editor tool is the uasset I linked you in my previous post. You can copy it into your project and then right click it and choose run in editor

Many thanks, I will try