Change material on two side of same mesh

Hi there!

I have to change material on click, simultaneously on two sides. So that I can interact with the element at 360 °. The material is different for each side. I tried two ways but it didn’t work.

I’m sure the solution is super simple but I’m a beginner in UE.

First way that I tried:

The second one:

Thank you!

If you want to change the material on both sides, use a sequence node, not a flip flop.

Thanks for reply!

The code of image isn’t identical, only the first part of both name; if you are referring to material name: one is 02_ROCHAMP, the other one is 02_ROCHAMP_180° cause is the same video but specular.

What happens is that it changes material only on a part of the mesh, the other side is ignored so I supposed that the interact function works.

I would like that on click both materials changes: is there a way to specify more index value? This would solve the problem.

Thanks for the advice, I tried but if I take off the flip flop node nothing happens anymore, ignore the command completely.

Maybe I have set the sequence node wrong?

I tried also in this way:

UPDATE

I solved mirroring the other side in Blender, in this way I use only index material. Not the solution I was looking for but it worked.

Both images are identical code. This looks like it should work. Assuming that you are using the correct material indexes for the mesh.

What exactly do you expect to happen, and what does happen?

Are you sure the interact function is being called?