GoogleVR Crash on almost all android devices

UE-65983 still persists in 4.22!!!
I moved all my assets from google branch of the engine cause desktop widget keyboard focus was broken in there and now i found out that almost any Android phone crashes when trying to run any GoogleVR app built in UE 4.20, 4.21 now 4.22!
How, how i supposed to work on my game if i have to spend weeks migrating assets back and forth and compiling 90GB VS projects?!?!
So now it turned out that 4.22 can’t run ANY GoogleVR apps AT ALL and i have to go back manually recreating all the changes back in Google’s 4.20 branch cause engine is not forwards compatible! I literally sitting here screaming, it’s real torture!
What am i supposed to do now? Wait months when or IF it will be fixed at all? Try to manually repair it myself? What?!

You are not alone, I have the same problem. But there is no answer from the developers, and I have not yet found a solution.

I kinda have one. You install pre- 4.20 UE version from launcher(i use 4.19) and just replace GoogleVR folder from your current engine version with the one from the older one.
You take GoogleVR folder located in Engine/Source/ThirdParty of your 4.19 engine, delete GoogleVR folder from your current version and copy the older one instead. And it works.

Thank you very much. I will try tomorrow.

Here’s the link to the original solution thread.