UMG Progress bar iPhone causes black screen

When creating a health bar for a game using widget component and UMG. If you use the built in progress bar and set its fill it will clip the entire screen inside the progress bar and fill the rest of the screen with black. This only happens on an iPhone device and not on android nor on the desktop.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Create new project with the top down template.
  2. Create a widget with a progress bar.
  3. Set the fill percent to anything above zero
  4. Add a widget component to the TopDownCharacter blueprint
  5. Set the component to the new widget with the progress bar
  6. Launch on an iPhone device. [attempted iPhone 6s]

Having similar issues. Can’t finish my game until this addressed.

Hello Milla_D,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-49173)

Make it a great day

Just verified this is still happening on 4.18.

Such a strange bug - looks like it masks out everything except the progress bar, and only happens on device.

Ahhhh thank the lord. I’m not alone. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was causing this. Took me a while but I finally narrowed it down to a widget and then eventually to the progress bar.

I have this issue as well. I voted on it. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly as it’s a pretty big bug.

Yeah, I was gonna show my game at a meetup group and had to cut out all the health bars to show any of it. Its a good thing I’m not near shipping but I might be in a few months, hoping it gets fixed in the next version.

Same Problem here
Thank you for the report!
Please Vote for this!