4.9 Preview 2 Windows 10 Launch Problem

Ah, I see. If your hierarchy is made using actual folders instead of Visual Studio’s filters, the hierarchy should remain but as these filters are saved in the .sln itself, there isn’t a way to keep them from being erased when the .sln is overwritten during generation unfortunately. I’ve never seen it set the Startup Project incorrectly however. Does this happen with all projects?

I’m only converting (and working on) one project at the moment so I can’t speak to the regularity of losing the Startup Project.

As for Filters vs. Folders, originally I used Folders but UE4 4.8.1, and 4.8.2 gave me problems. I could not access the folders under Sources in the editor. It was really frustrating so I resorted to using Filters.

May 4.9 is better. I’ll give it a try.

Hey ,

Have you had any better luck with 4.9 so far? I’m interested to see if you’re having any further issues since upgrading.

Hello .

Sorry for the delay in replying. I’m having other issues with my current hardware to the point that for real work it is basically unusable. For instance, if I try to calculate lighting my system continuously displays the “Building” message, even overnight. At the moment I have an i5 with 8GB of RAM, and onboard graphics, so the problems are expected.

Anyway, I’m about to purchase another machine and wanted to get your take on the configuration:

It certainly will do better than what I have but I’m hoping that it actually excels at the job of building UE4, and my projects.

Once my new machine is set up I’ll get back to testing the new release. Trust me, I’ve been patiently waiting, and now I’m anxious to get back to it.

Thanks,

Hey ,

I understand your predicament. I can say that the configuration for that computer definitely meets our minimum specifications and should be able to run the editor without any issues but I can’t give any recommendations past that as it is out of my area of expertise. I would suggest making a post on our off-topic forums as the community may be able to help with suggesting a good setup.