4.7 preview 6, fails when deploying to connected iOS device

Hi ,

It appears this issue hasn’t been touched in a while. Are you still experiencing this? Are you working in 4.7.6, now? Have you tried in 4.8 Preview 4?

Hey ,

I’m resolving this post for tracking purposes. Feel free to reply if you’re still experiencing this issue in 4.8. Thanks!

I hit this issue today in 4.8.2. I was able to get correct certificate selected by manually removing other valid certificate from folder as mentioned in a comment above, but deployment fails for a different reason than posted above.

LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: Command failed (Result:1): /Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.8/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS/DeploymentServer.exe Install -ipa “/Users//ap/jjf 4.8/Binaries/IOS/jjf.ipa” -device 205c514e4bce92dd48fd892f0cb2f4bb384a0110 -additionalcommandline "-SessionId=637DEEA04F405BE8C9641ABED66AAE01 -SessionOwner= -SessionName=‘Play On Device’ ". See logfile for details: ‘DeploymentServer.11.txt’
LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog (System.String App, System.String CommandLine, System.String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, System.String Input, ERunOptions Options, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in :0 LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog (AutomationTool.CommandEnvironment Env, System.String App, System.String CommandLine, System.String LogName, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, System.String Input, ERunOptions Options, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in :0
LogPlayLevel: at IOSPlatform.Deploy (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) [0x00000] in :0
LogPlayLevel: at Project.Deploy (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in :0
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in :0
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild () [0x00000] in :0
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute () [0x00000] in :0

Hi CleanCut,

Please open a new post in Bug Reports section so we can look into issue there. Feel free to link back to this post, but we’d like to take a fresh look if reason for deployment failure is different than that listed above. Thanks!

Did you ever figure issue out? I have done so many searches for this exact error and everytime I use hex number it gives me ‘0xE8000067’ as a keyword this is only post that shows up.

I’m getting this error too, I added a comment in another thread but since error number is same here, maybe it’s better to comment here as well…

I’m just a noob with UE4 in general and even more in iOS developing but as far as I’ve seen, it’s more difficult than I thought.

I’ve just arrived to this point after solving other several problems such as first trying to get certificates and provision from a dumb template iOS app from Xcode, as well as noticing problem that unreal doesn’t like names of generated provision files (needed to match bundle name), and finally founding that signing was also failing because of lack of information under project settings / publisher / company information (also it seems to ne necessary filled and matched with one used in my dumb app).

Is this process correct or as I’m starting to think, if I’ve just added company name at beginning and check autosigning from settings/ios it would ended up as same?

Making this dumb app, allowed me to install it on device, which I think it would also implied installing certification and provision for it. I tried to launch from UE4 before and after running this “dumb app” but it doesn’t help.

At end this hole process is still becoming a nightmare for me (without having anual fee iOS which maybe simplify this workflow) but now log it just says nice things like:

AMDErrorForMobileInstallationCallbackDict GOT AN ERROR 0xe8000067
perform_command: There was an error communicating with service agent: 0xe8000067
AMDeviceSecureUpgradeApplication : Could not upgrade package on device, error: kAMDAPIInternalError, pathToApplication: PublicStaging/MyApp.ipa
Install \ Update of “MyApp.ipa” failed with Unknown error 0xE8000067

Tomorrow I will follow and I’ll share my findings, but I don’t know very much what more can I try.

I suppose I also just needed to share this… It’s so frustrating!

Issue still repro in 4.17.2

0xE8000067 is an Internal API error. We have no access to what actually failed from lower level APIs as it is opaque. However, this usually means you tried to install an IPA on a device in which it wasn’t supported. For instance, trying to install a 32-bit application on to an IOS 11 device or an IPA built for tvOS to an iOS device. Without more details on what you are building and what device you are using, I really can’t provide any more help than above.

-Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for info, though I’m not sure that it in this case. exact same project packages and launches on OSX with no changes. Only gives this error during deployment from a remote compiled version on windows using UE4.17.2 (installed on both dev machine and remote compilation machine, though I understand that shouldn’t matter). I’ve not tried copying ipa that results on windows over to mac and deploying it from there, though.

same project in 4.18 does not have this issue (i.e. remote compilation and deployment from windows works). Happy to provide extra details, or entire project (it’s just started so pretty much empty and I have source control, so can go to exact state). My understanding is there’s been work to remote compilation in 4.18, so I didn’t look to file a bug figuring it’s fixed either by those improvements or removal of something.

Cheers,

Alan.

Ya, sounds like you are hitting same thing another user did. They dropped their min IOS from 11-Beta in 4.17.2 to IOS 10 and then they could deploy again on PC. I haven’t been able to reproduce this one locally, but that seem to fix it for them. I haven’t had a chance to look at 4.17.2 code to see what issue might be with IOS 11 specification there.

Awesome - thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Pete,

Just thought you’d want to know I confirmed this workaround gets it building and deploying with remote compilation from windows, so it is indeed tied into minspec.

Cheers,

Alan.