[4.7.2] Failed to find a valid matching mobile provision

Yes, the errors I just posted under “Update” are from iTunes Connect.

well, I guess that is progress of sorts. We always build against iOS 6.1 as that is our minimum spec (plus we will get build errors if we build against straight up iOS 8), but I thought setting the plist to a different min version worked correctly. Do you get that error on upload to the store?

This may just be a misunderstanding on our part on how the MinimumIOSVersion key works in the Info.plist. I’m still trying to reconcile various threads on the subject, but this may be a blocker for you as the executable won’t build for just iOS 8.

Ya, it looks this not going to work in 4.7.2. We assumed the MinimumIOSVersion key would work no matter what the build version was and that seems to not be the case. I don’t know how quickly we can fix this as I am pretty sure we won’t currently compile if we set the minimum version to iOS 7 or iOS 8. I’m doing some compile tests now and I’ll get back to you.

-Pete

Alright. So at present I could only set the MinimumiOSVersion to 6.1 and architecture support for armv7 and arm64? So if this would work, I would still miss armv7s support (iPad 4 and iPad 3 retina) because enabling this architecture somehow results in an `Invalid Signature’ error? I am a bit confused about my possibilites at the moment :wink:

Well, you don’t need armv7s for iPad 4 and iPad 3. I’ve run a regular armv7 app on those devices with no problems. As for the minimum OS, ya at this point the drop down is useless. If you were to set it to iOS 6.1, you should be able to create an IPA for the store, but if iOS 8 minimum is a requirement that is currently not going to work.

That being said, I am seeing if there is a small number of changes which would make a minimum iOS 8 executable build. If so, I can probably walk you through the changes so you can get a build out. I’ll let you know in a bit if that is possible.

And yes, these are bugs which we didn’t catch.

-Pete

Well, armv7 architecture will work on the iPad 3 and iPad 4, so that’s not necessarily an issue. I just did a build test with iOS 8 as the minimum for the build and while we got a bunch of deprecation warnings, it did build. So, since you are building from a PC, I can only assume you are a GitHub user :slight_smile:

To build with iOS 8 as the minimum version, open up iOSToolChain.cs in Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/IOS. Near the top, you will see a variable called BuildIOSVersion. Change that from 6.1 to 8.0 and then do another File | Package. UBT will automatically build itself and then the game will be rebuilt and packaged with iOS 8 as the minimum version.

That should solve your problem and I will make sure we get better testing on the Min OS Version in the future.

-Pete

Yes I am :slight_smile: Great, I will test this right now. One quick question, I only change BuildIOSVersion, the variable RunTimeIOSVersion should not be changed?

That’s the variable that is set from the Project Settings. So it will be set to iOS 8.0 already. That’s where this whole problem is coming from :slight_smile:

It worked :slight_smile: Finally I do not get any errors with iTunes Connect and I have a iOS 8.0 app uploaded. Thanks you so much, Pete!

Howdy trutty,

Glad to hear that psauer was able to help you get this issue resolved. If you run across this issue in a future release, please feel free to reopen this issue so that we may be able to further investigate.

Thanks and have a great day!

I’m trying to change the OS version of an app that is already on the appstore. The minimum was set to 6.1 but I’d like to change it to 8.0. Using 4.6 github version and I set the BuildIOSVersion to 8.0 but I get the error

Minimum OS Version Mismatch - The minimum OS version (LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS) in the binary (‘6.1’) for architecture (‘armv7’) differs from the MinimumOSVersion (‘8.0’) in the Info.plist.

Minimum OS Version Mismatch - The minimum OS version (LC_VERSION_MIN_IPHONEOS) in the binary (‘7.0’) for architecture (‘arm64’) differs from the MinimumOSVersion (‘8.0’) in the Info.plist.

anyway to fix this?

Ya, there is. You need to go in to the IOSToolChain.cs file and change the BuildIOSVersion from 6.1 to 8.0. This will make it build against 8.0 only. You will get some warnings about deprecated APIs, but it will still build.
All of this has been fixed in 4.8 so that when you specify a minimum IOS version, it will change all of this for you.

-Pete

That tool chain file can be found in Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildtool/IOS and UBT will automatically build itself on the next File | Package that you do.

-Pete