4.2 Urgent Help Needed (Unrecoverable)

Something different from the crash I fixed, investigating.

I’m sure you have plenty of fans that keep your job interesting =) FYI, I’ve been spending an hour here and there in 4.3 converting my project if this doesn’t pan out but it becomes a bit harder each time as you are probably aware. Thank you for taking the time to help us out. We appreciate it very much!

Wow! Very interesting - but somehow this is still related to the superstruct loading order. No ETA yet, but thanks again for the test data.

I’ve got a fix, if you want to try it quickly. I just added && !SuperStruct->GetClass()->ClassDefaultObject to the if statement in the original change. I should be able to get it submitted early tomorrow, but it would be great to hear if it works for you!

OK. I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you right away. I will try it out as soon as I can. I’m home at the moment but will write back as soon as I can remote in and test it out. If I can’t remote in tonight I will let you know ASAP in the morning!

Still seems to be shutting down after adding the line, rebuilding and going through the steps. This is with 4.2.1. source code and the new changes. Are you not able to reproduce it?

I will try building through and running on iPAD to see if there is a difference though.

also, this is what the block looks like so you can see:

Yes, unfortunately I still get a crash on startup on the iPAD. =(

Super lame. I’m testing on 4.4 at the moment, but I’ll give it a shot with 4.2 (with my patch) and see what happens. It’s possible there are other fixes in 4.3/4.4 that help, but it’s not super likely.

Thanks again for following up. I’ll keep you posted with what I find out with 4.2.

4.2 does seem to have further issues - I’ll have a list of the changes that you need before EOD! I am not sure yet whether 4.3 has all the fixes you need.

One more update to the fix. I’m honestly not sure what went wrong with my test data, but revisiting the issue this morning showed the crash was still present, at least under certain conditions. I have tested this fix with 4.2 and latest, both seem to be working.

Well here is my current code and it still crashes in mobile preview. I’m in 4.2.1 source + the changes in the screenshot. I will be trying to upgrade to 4.3 source and see what happens but it will be days for that probably (if the remote build works like it did in 4.2.1)

It looks like you’ve duplicated the NULL check of superstruct!

Duh… =) OK… Trying this correct?

Or is that block not in the right place… fun fun

That looks correct to me.

Well holy freak’n DOO. the mobile preview no longer crashes… I will test deploying to iPAD. Will let you know in 10-30mins.

OK. It works on iPAD as well! Please make sure it will work in 4.3/4.4 going forward. Thank you for taking the time to work through this issue with me! Great stuff!

It’s likely that the fix won’t be ‘released’ until 4.4, as 4.3 is very nearly out the door. I’ll keep you up to date, though.