4.11 preview 7 Stereo Panoramic export works!

can anyone share how to modify the scenecapturer.cpp

I’m not a programmer nor have experience recompiling.

I have the plugin working fine but cannot make it to export the left and right eye together and also will be good to have it as jpg since png takes too much space.

Thannks!

Thanks for sharing, can you tell me more steps by using 6 cameras method and mettle plugin?I follow your instructions to do.but the result look weird when i put in mettle.May i know how to fix the unreal camera resolution to rectangle?Actually i make the 6 cameras in maya.And then export them to unreal.But i facing problem that the output resolution are not rectangle.I try to change the filmback setting sensor width and height to 20.48mm,but also cannot work i mettle.Pls help me…

seeking help…360 camera in unreal with 6 cameras

Thanks for sharing, can you tell me more steps by using 6 cameras method and mettle plugin?I follow your instructions to do.but the result look weird when i put in mettle.May i know how to fix the unreal camera resolution to rectangle?Actually i make the 6 cameras in maya.And then export them to unreal.But i facing problem that the output resolution are not rectangle.I try to change the filmback setting sensor width and height to 20.48mm,but also cannot work in mettle.Pls help me…

thanks for sharing

Hello! I am currently try to make the plugin work on with my project in 4.15. We have the plugin turned on, however whenever we try to send the pictures to our designated folder using the console nothing shows up. We followed the directions step by step. Does anyone possible know what we are doing wrong?

:3

Do you guys know of any software to create a “navigable panorama experience”? I mean like Google Street View where you can navigate between 360 panoramas and get a nice continuous transition between them.

We use Pano2VR to make 360 panorama tours. In the software settings you can choose to create a smooth transition.

Hi Eloo, sorry for the late reply I didn’t see your message before.
To be honest there is a while I did this, sequencer didn’t existe at this time.

As I say the goal is to get 6 vue of your scene as if you are inside a cube, the mettle plugin (again it maybe change during this time) is a cube box in 2d (like UVs) and you have to put each video (front, back, left, right, top, bottom), in the right order.
Inside unreal what I did was created a setup of camera where one is the master and animated (ex the front one) and the 5 other camera are attached like a children to the master one.
Each camera are in square aspect ratio of “1” (not rectangle), and a field of view of 90° (it was for the simple camera not the cineCameraActor, I don’t know how to adapt the field of view to the sensor camera).
Each camera are setup so each one look at each face of this imaginary cube from the exact same center point.

Hope this help more

1492745748340.jpg

anyone know how to use it ? capture pawn

Hi
what you did?

you create a director group and added the empty group on it, then it works? i just realize i did the same mistake here.

I must be misisng something, anyone could take a look and see what i’m doing wrong?

What i want?
capture a single camera track of matinee or sequencer (tried with both)

My settings
i have followed all instructions on this topic, about change on game settings the framerate to be locked on 60, added the arguments: ‐usefixedtimestep ‐fps=60 ‐notexturestreaming on stand alone launch
i configure the nodes (on image) on my open level blueprint

1f74d2d6a3721d948acdd2f8abebf6c57b6bb162.jpeg

what is happening
every time i start the standalone game, and press space to run the console panoramic commands and start rendering the frames of my camera track it “works”
i can see on the folder the frames start writing, but for example: if i configure it to render 0 to 100 frames on a 10 second camera track movement, this render like 90% of frames are the very same or with a slight change on camera tracking. So it write a bunch of same frames and i cannot see any changes when i preview it using the default windows photo app and holding the key to move to the next photo. When this came to the 100th frame, there is no more frames to render and the camera track ran the rest of it’s movement without recording any frames :confused:

At least this happened on a test i have done, with matinee i can see it changing to the camera tracking, but on sequencer i cannot see the camera track just after press spacebar to record it.
Another thing i forget to say is i’m rendering 2k because if i set to render 8k the stand alone crashes.

my engine version what i’m trying to do this is 4.14.3 and the machine i’m working is quite capable to do this i think? this is a i7 5820k with 32gb of ram and a gtx titan x maxwel.

Did you make a Matinee track and put your camera on it? Does it have a director track as well? Can you repo this happening in small 4.15 project.

yes it have
on a first moment i realized my matinee needed that to works on standalone game

as people said: using simple camera on both matinee and sequencer, on matinee i was missing the director group and putting my camera there, but it’s fixed since this is recording the track movement. The problem is: when I start render the panoramic frames and also start the camera track movement, this somehow “hangs” on start, record almost all frames when it is “stucked”, keep recording some few frames before there isn’t any more frames to be captured and gets released to finish the movement track.

I tried to migrate the project on 4.15 and also on 4.12
same is happened

I will try create a small fps blank project, also going to try do the same on other projects and see what is going to happen.

ok, i have now a small progress using the same settings and procedure i was using, nothing new on settings

1st test: small project on 4.14.3 = same results (rendered same frame from 1st to last or way more than expect)
2nd test: another small project on 4.14.3 = same results (rendered same frame from 1st to last or way more than expect)
3rd test: blank 4.15.2, i loaded a map of a forest pack on it, i setup the sequencer camera track and for the first time i was able to render a bunch of frames different from first to currently (rendering on this moment is the 34 of 300) and not a single frame rendered the same as my previous tests

Why? good question

I tried to open my project on 4.15.1 and got the same problem i had on 4.14, i will finish the recording of 300 frames and see if this finaly works for me.
Another thing is: this 4.15.2 test doesn’t have any post process volume on the map. I will do another test on previous 4.14.3 projects by deleting all PPV and see if this was some kind of incompatibility. On these PPV i left only a lut color on and turned off everything, maybe for just have ppv is the reason of this weird bug? i will see.

I also will load my project on 4.15.2 or wait the 4.16 to see how things will behave.

Another thing is: my project uses alot of 4k tex, but i have enough vram for full load this without stream and generate the 360 panos render images

Hi guys,

I’m having trouble to run the capture on 4.15.3. I’ve created the project in 4.13 originally. For the capture I’ve copied the whole project and edited it with 4.15.3.
Now the capture doesn’t start at all. The plugin is acticated and the console commands are available. If I’m using the capture movie command the capture simply doesn’t start. No error or message.
Is there something I’m missing?
This is the sequencer in my level blueprint. It starts onEventBeginPlay and should capture the pawn camera.

Thank you for helping :slight_smile:

Found the solution!
“Instanced Stere Rendering” has to be turned OFF!

Artefacts in my Renderings

Hi guys,

I’ve got the problem, if i render a video, some of the pictures got extreme artefacts. Like you can see in the picture below (left site)

I don’t get why it happens.

I’ve set the maximum fps to 60 and to 30. It happens with both. Maybe because, if when I type the renderMovie cmd in, the fps drops to 3 or 4 fps??? Then the limitation is useless…

I’m very desperate… :frowning:

ab69a3623ee67d7eb4cd79399b467513495479c2.jpeg

Hi, I want to share my first experience with UE4, I hope that you will not judge me strictly. I will be glad to hear comments and comments.

[video]https://youtu.be/o9uHFYqt3JM[/video]

Can anyone explain me how to do it with the sequencer? i’m new in it and i’m really lost! A step by step or blueprint file would be awesome!

THanks

Still no help with editing the plugin cpp file… I managed to find it and open in VS but i don’t know where to paste what! Sure the images can be joined in AE or Premier, it’ll be nice if everything is done in UE4 tho.

I would appreciate an edited cpp file if that is possible.

thanks.