4.11 Child blueprint variables resetting to parent defaults

Hey GAME3D,

Please create a new thread in the Bug Reports section for this, as the original issue no longer reproduces. In the thread, please add a detailed list of repro steps so that we can reproduce the issue on our end.

Thanks

It is correct, as the original repro listed for the ticket is no longer reproducing, at least at the time of testing, which is why the issue was closed as cannot reproduce.

While the same issue may still occur, we’ll need to investigate it separately as it is likely a different repro case and will warrant a separate ticket.

Unfortunately, if the issue appears randomly, without a repro case we won’t be able to take any further action as we need a set of steps in order to get a bug in our system.

Have a great day, and please link the ticket when it is created, whether you do it or GAME3D.

Thanks!

Hi Sean,

this is unfortunately not correct. The original issue was marked as solved (or not able to reproduce?) In the UE4 bugtracker altough it has never been fixed. The bug persists since some version prior to 4.8 and still appears randomly.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks, I’ve assigned it to one of our support staff for further investigation.

Hello Mr Sean.

I just want to add my thoughts regarding to this problem. For half a year I have been working with 2 Child Blueprints and I never had any problem. So I decided to create 4 more child blueprints to extend my work and viola, for literally NO reason, upon closing and reopening the editor, SOME child actors get their variables reset and appearently, this was VERY random.

Funny enough the visual component stuff was not reset, but the general variables like floats, strings, were all returned to default.

It was happening very random and I had literally no way of finding out why my old 2 child blueprints never reset but my newly created ones do.

Then I decided to delete Intermediate and Saved folders and appearently this fixed my problem for the time being. No child blueprints ever get their values reset. But I am still not sure if this is the true way to solve it.

Just my 2 cents.

I’ve made a thread on the forums where we can hopefully discuss this more easily/productively. Includes a survey it’d be helpful if you’d all fill out.

Same here, no matter editable is set. What seems to work here, is to write all construction script (copy past) to all childs too. But not sure this realy solve it. will see over time, if i need to add more code to the parent.

I have had this problem for over a year. Currently on Unreal 4.15. It affects random variables and even resets anims to none. My project is complex, so no easy test case.

Hi Game3D, we’re still getting this issue in 4.15.3 as well, although it has morphed slightly for us in the original reproduction steps no longer cause the issue, however something else does but I haven’t been able isolate any new reproduction steps in our game. I’ve just moved the project to 4.16 so I’ll report back if it occurs again.

4.21 and this is still happening haha