(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Just an update on . I’ve found that the following change to the source is a good solution:

// Original function
// Crashes engine with fatal error when offline
void AVictoryPC::HTTPOnResponseReceived(FHttpRequestPtr Request, FHttpResponsePtr Response, bool bWasSuccessful)
{
	->VictoryPC_GetMyIP_DataReceived(Response->GetContentAsString());
}

// Fixed function 
// Returns empty string when offline
void AVictoryPC_Fixed::HTTPOnResponseReceived(FHttpRequestPtr Request, FHttpResponsePtr Response, bool bWasSuccessful) {
    FString response = "";
    if (bWasSuccessful)
        response = Response->GetContentAsString();

->VictoryPC_GetMyIP_DataReceived(response);
}

Thanks for pointing out, I’ve made the fix and it will be in my next release of the Victory Plugin!

:slight_smile:

You have to use

UnrealEdEngine=/Script/**VictoryEdEngine**.VictoryEdEngine

and then it will work :slight_smile:

I’ve already updated the wiki, where did you see the old version?
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/'s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Installation_of_VictoryEdEngine_for_Vertex_Snapping

Have fun today!

Thanks, it works.
Looks like I copied it from the wiki a few lines below the correct version without noticing it to be different! ^^

Oooh sorry about that, I’ve now corrected the other lines in the wiki!

30+ Additional BP Math and Geometric Analysis Nodes!

Live as of May 1st, 2015

Dear Community,

I have the May Celebration node release for you today!

Community member has gifted us with over 30 new BP nodes for Math, Physics, and 3D Geometry calculations!

I highlighted my personal favorite nodes in green!

**UMG Anchor Conversion**
Please note you can now convert UMG Anchor coordinates to other coordinate spaces!

Snap To 3D Grid
You can use the Snap Node to snap any 3D space Vector to a grid size of your choosing!

So you could use node to to regulate the position of an in-game 3D positioning tool (like for RTS Games!) to a grid of your choosing, while still accounting for rolling hills of landscapes and big vertical differences!

**Convert Physics Linear Velocity**

Ever wonder how fast in **Km/hr** an in-game Unreal Engine physics ball was hurling through the air?

Ever want to know the **meters/second** speed of a falling physics-simulating box?

Or how about the **miles/hour** of your UE4 Physics Vehicle?

Well thanks to 's new node you can now easily convert the value that you get from GetPhysicsLinearVelocity of any physics-simulating body to a speed in the units of your choosing!

Here's is 's current list of available conversions!

```

/* Speed Units Enum. */
UENUM()
enum ESpeedUnit
{
	/* Centimeter / second (cm/s).  is default unreal velocity unit. */
	CentimeterPerSecond,

/* Foot / second (ft/s). */
	FootPerSecond,

/* Meter / second (m/s). */
	MeterPerSecond,

/* Meter / minute (m/min). */
	MeterPerMinute,

/* Kilometer / second (km/s). */
	KilometerPerSecond,

/* Kilometer / minute (km/min). */
	KilometerPerMinute,

/*Kilometer / hour (km/h). */
	KilometerPerHour,

/* Mile / hour (mph). */
	MilePerHour,

/* Knot (kn). Nautical mile per hour. */
	Knot,

/* Mach (speed of sound) (M) at standard atm. */
	Mach,

/* Speed of light. */
	SpeedOfLight,

/* Yard / second. */
	YardPerSecond
};

```

BP Nodes for 3D Geometric Analysis!

Here are pics showing the complete list of the new 3D Geometry Nodes!

To see the full list, get the latest version of my plugin and type in “TK” and you will see the 30+ new nodes available to you!

**Thank You!**

**Thank you  for your contribution!**

These nodes are going to be extremely useful for a lot of people !

Most Recent Plugin Download From UE4 Wiki

How can i load external sound at runtime? thanks!

How can i load external sound at runtime? thanks!

Hey ,

I’ve run into an other.
I’m trying to use you instanced static meshes.
However pressing i doesn’t work when static meshes are selected… well it does work but only when the level viewport is active (moving around with rightmouse pressed).
Also when the instanced mesh is created, I save and reload the map, the combined meshes are gone but the ISM class is still there. Shift-i in case does nothing.
The same is achieved when converting to instanced mesh, then renaming the actor -> combined meshes gone.
I’m using a custom ISM class created and setup as you described in the setup video.

Edit:
Adding the victory plugin and then using VictoryISM works fine…

Hello,
I have been trying to get a hold of you. Is there an email I can contact you with?
Thanks - W

Thats so odd that the wiki is only showing the october 14th version.

You need it to be in *.ogg format ( not wave! ) and then you can access it via the node provided by the plugin.

Thanks for helping out with answers !

Yea really odd huh? I contacted Epic and they suggested clearing your browser cache or using a different browser

That’s why I have the media fire version now:

Editor binaries and Packaged binaries in one file:
Win32 Shipping and Win64 Development Supported

My email is listed on my website:

www.

I have 3 plugins available:

Save System Plugin (save entire worlds to hard disk using C++ binary serialization!)

Melee Weapon Plugin

Steam Friends List Plugin

You can also pm me here in the Epic forums :)

Powerful Node To Find PhysX-accurate Distances Between Collision Surfaces!

Dear Community,

I’ve just released two new nodes to help you with of your** collsion surface distance checks**!

These nodes let you easily tell how far a given point is from the actual PhysX surface of any UE4 game with collision / primitive component!

I’ve even given you a node that let’s you directly check the distance between the physical surfaces of two objects!

See pics!

These nodes work with Characters and Skeletal Mesh actors that have physics assets!

**Distance Between Surfaces Of Two Objects**

![42686311a9773f2c63184ad34db5dc74c22ddbb9.jpeg|1280x960](upload://9tt9ZqijKdAvdmhpjpNvdh9ahU5.jpeg)

**World Point Distance To Collision Of Any **

**My C++ For You**

Here's the C++ code for my algorithm to get the distance between the colliding surfaces of any two objects!

```

float UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetDistanceBetweenComponentSurfaces(UPrimitiveComponent* CollisionComponent1, UPrimitiveComponent* CollisionComponent2, FVector& PointOnSurface1, FVector& PointOnSurface2)
{
	if(!CollisionComponent1 || !CollisionComponent2) 
        {
            return -1;
        } 

//Closest Point on 2 to 1
	CollisionComponent2->GetDistanceToCollision(CollisionComponent1->GetComponentLocation(), PointOnSurface2);

//Closest Point on 1 to closest point on surface of 2
	return CollisionComponent1->GetDistanceToCollision(PointOnSurface2, PointOnSurface1);
}

_

```

**Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (15.22 mb) **

Not using the latest engine version? Check out my wiki section on which plugin release dates go with which engine version!

Plugin Release Date and UE4 Engine Versions

**Victory Plugin on Media Fire**

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note clicking  link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

Note on Packaging Victory Plugin

Enjoy!

Np man! Glad I can help :slight_smile:

@,@
*.wav can be?
which plugin :confused:
thanks

1.Only *.ogg ( use Audacity to convert your audio files from w/e to ogg )

1. plugin:

How to install:
In your project folder, make a new folder and name it Plugins.
Put the “VictoryPlugin” folder inside there. ( You will have path: Path\ProjectName\Plugins\VictoryPlugin ).
That it.

Now open your project.
Open a blueprint graph, right click on the background and search for “Get Sound Wave From File”. ( I know it says wave, but it works only with ogg files ).
node takes a path as input and returns a sound file.

If you want it to work no matter where your project is, store the sound files inside your project’s folder, something like that: Path\ProjectName\Sounds*.ogg
And use the “Victory Paths Game Root Directory” node.

The path string will look something like ( pseudo code ):

path = VictoryPathsGameRootDirectory + “Sounds/myaudiofile.ogg”

Then you use for the “Get Sound Wave From File” node’s input.

That’s it :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :o

You’re Welcome :smiley: