(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

If you use a T2D that has been compressed by UE4 or had its format changed internally, it is guaranteed to look funny coming back out as raw pixel array :slight_smile:

If you load a raw pixel array yourself, or load a .bmp, and then save it back out again, it should be fine.

The with T2D -> pixels in the C++ code is that there is no easy function to undo compression that has been performed on the original resource of a T2D, at least the last I checked that was my conclusion. If anyone finds a way let me know!

If you click on your T2D texture asset in UE4 and** turn off compression** that should help quite a bit

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 forums!

Can you please wrap your code with

[CODE(rightbracket)
Put your code here
[/CODE(rightbracket)

so I can read it more easily?

replace rightbracket with ] for actual usage (it will not show up if I do that)

I already include ā€œHeadMountedDisplayā€ as a dependency and I also dont get any compile errors, so I can only assume those who got error were working with a custom version somehow :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Shobhitthackar;633874]
Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks, which already countless people may have given you.  plugin is truly something special...

Stay awesome. <3
[/QUOTE]

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 Community!

And you're welcome! 

:)

Dear DForsey,

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 Forums! I am happy to have witness your first 2 posts!

I have now fixed crash (update to follow), thanks for letting me know, Iā€™ve also deprecated the plugin version of LoadLevelInstance because is one of my BP nodes that is now in the main engine. If you have questions about the node in the main UE4 engine (itā€™s been live since 4.13) let me know :slight_smile:

Also everyone remember I like hearing GOOD news too.

:slight_smile:

Dear Community,

A new version of 4.14 Victory Plugin is live that fixes the VictoryLoadLevelInstance crash :slight_smile:

Please use the version of my BP node that is in the main Engine now as of 4.13 ā€œLoad Level Instanceā€.

Enjoy!

New Download for UE4 4.14 (57mb, Media Fire)

:heart: Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you :heart:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development
  6. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.12: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/g441k2815r5b045/VictoryPlugin12.zip

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

**4.13: **https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

Donations can be sent to me via:

:heart:

you are the man! I just noticed now you even have your own status as The Rainbow Warrior! Well deserved :slight_smile:

It is lovely to hear from you again @CHADALAK1 ! Thank you for stopping by and thanks for kind words!

:heart:

Hey!

I finally got around to trying out your plugin. And of course itā€™s awesome!

Just one thing, is the ā€œLoad String Array from Fileā€ node working correctly in 4.14.1? It only grabs the first character from my text file and appends 2 question marks to it (i.e.ā€œ??aā€).

Thanks for your work!

the plugin is throwing errors on packaging in 4.14.1

Hay, Iā€™ve tried to get the plugin working with my project but it didnā€™t, i have UE4.13, what are the exact instructions i have to follow to make it work,Thankā€™s

Hello,

Iā€™m new to working with the unreal engine, but Iā€™m trying to get your plugin to work and am getting a crash.
Iā€™m using a source built version of 4.14.1, have downloaded the plugin from VictoryPlugin16.
Iā€™ve placed the ā€œVictoryPluginā€ folder inside my projects plugins folder and started the editorā€¦ no problems at , started up fine, going to the plugins shows the plugin installed and active.
I closed the editor, and following the instructions on A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums which says on step 6 to ā€œgo to YourProject/Config/DefaultEngine.iniā€ then add these lines:
/Script/Engine.Engine (right bracket)
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

Since my file already contains that section, Iā€™ve simply placed UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine in that section as well.

After doing that, when I try to start the editor it gets to about 79% and crashes. If I remove that line from that file the editor runs fine.
Any ideas what Iā€™m doing wrong?

Hi there welcome to the UE4 Forums!

I have two different plugins

Victory Plugin
VictoryEdEngine

Since you only are using my Victory Plugin, the editor will crash when you try to use a subclass of the engine that is part of a plugin that you dont actually have, which is VictoryEdEngine, which is for Vertex Snapping.

If you just want Victory Plugin functionality, just put my plugin in the Plugins folder at the project level or you can put it at the engine level for packaging :slight_smile:

Usually there arenā€™t any code changes between hotfix versions so it must be some other kind of error? Youā€™ll need to share more info than if youā€™d like me to address in greater depth :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Are you sure you dont have any special formatting of that file? you made a new simple text file in note pad to confirm ?

And also donā€™t forget the good news folks, I really like hearing that too! :slight_smile:

Hey, ! I have looked through your works and iā€™m amazed - you have great skills. So, after that i got 2 questions: Is your ragdoll system better on the perfomance part than the stock one?
And the second: do you create anything on, mmm, request? If yes, so we have something to talk about, but i donā€™t know how to contact you :C
Thanks

Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(60) : Error: Enumeration tag ā€˜JPGā€™ already in use by enum ā€˜/Script/CustomLibraryPlugin.EJoyImageFormatsā€™

Hey,

Found an with the File IO Save String Text to File.
If the path include two subfolder to create, it will fail. One subfolder will work fine though.

Example :
Will fail with C:/A/B/
Will succeed with C:/A/

Cheers

Hi! I find your Victory BP to be extremely useful and I will be crediting you in my project for sure. I was wondering if you could implement a node for me, it would be extremely useful.

Can you add a node for overriding the light map resolution, much the same way you can override an actorā€™s mobility state? would allow me to override the lightmap resolution of multiple blueprints simultaneously (I would be able to select multiple blueprints, then type in a value in a public integer variable to quickly override lightmap resoluition).

Unfortunately, as of right now, in order to override a blueprintā€™s lightmap resolution, you must select each blueprint individually, then select the component actor, then override the lightmap from there. prevents you from being able to quickly do for multiple blueprints. In my case, I have hundreds of blueprints and would be a very tedious process.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums @hidanendo !!!

Yes I can create things on request, you can pm me in these forums :slight_smile:

What is CustomLibraryPlugin ?!

Do you have 2 copies of my victory plugin in your project?

Maybe one at engine level and one at project level?

I never heard of CustomLibraryPlugin yet EJoyImageFormats is obviously mine.

Find me more info about CustomLibraryPlugin, what and where it is on your comp, and then I can help more :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s an easy fix thanks for letting me know, I can use one of my very own UE4 accepted pull requests, CreateDirectoryTree which I wrote because of encountering very with stock UE4 code.

New Version Live
EDIT: These fixes are now live in latest 4.14 download and on Github!

Very interesting request! Will work on it soon as I can :slight_smile:

EDIT: I canā€™t make a property editable on instance if it isnt already, but you could probably use Blutility right now to change light map resolution on actors of your choosing.

Do a google search for ue4 blutility, it lets you edit actors on the editor side, and you could get their Components and change the lightmap resolution :slight_smile:

shiiiiiiit that was fast !
Awesome work as usual .

, Iā€™m currently using a default text file using Notepad in Windows 10 and the ā€œLoad String Array from Fileā€ function. Iā€™ve tried several variations, but they get the same result.

And now that Iā€™ve got to use the plugin more, itā€™s been very helpful. Thanks again!