(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Great news, thanks for the prompt answer!

And that wiki page is also super useful for me! But I have a question:

I need a custom level save/load system (not ready), and later want to add some modding features via text files (an advice: never start to develop RTS games :D), and you mention these additional non-uasset directories should be placed out of game project content folder, so is the best practice to make an own directory e.g. “MyOwnData” and use FPaths::ConvertRelativePathToFull(FPaths::GameDir() + “/MyOwnData/”); to access my files runtime in packaged game?
and is there an easy way to have the same work with the development version ? I think in development I should not use ConvertRelativePathToFull(), and there should exist a precompiler directive…

P.S.
with the dark skin your purple letters and really invisible :cool:

Thanks ! I’m donating some good vibes because I am a poor programmer right now. Have had a lot of usage of the plugin over the past year or so. First paycheck and I can donate some actual dollar. GL HF !

Victory Plugin For Mac!

Dear Community,

Today is a happy day!

I now offer a version of my Victory Plugin for Mac, including packaged binaries!

**New Download (50.21mb, Media Fire)**
https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **<~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for [Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=476476&viewfull=1#post476476).

Mac Editor and Packaged Game Binaries** <~~~~~~ NEW!

1. Mac Editor Build
  2. Mac Shipping (any architecture)
  3. Mac Development (any architecture)
  4. Source code!

Victory Plugin For Mac (~14.22mb)

**Donations can be sent to me via:**
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

♥

oooooh, I use Hacker Vision for Chrome, so I did not notice that :slight_smile:

Hey see the just higher post! tell your mac friends!

Wow Mac version now! :slight_smile:
Although I’m not a Mac user, but is great for the Mac community!
Champ cheers once again for your efforts!

@Hey , by any can you (or anyone else!) expose EHMDDeviceType::Type (.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/API/Runtime/HeadMountedDisplay/EHMDDeviceType__Type/index.html) to blueprints? would help immensely to a whole lot of VR developers!

What functions do you need it for that are already exposed to BP, or what exactly do you nee to do with it?

I can help but I need more info :slight_smile:

I can’t expose stuff in the engine, but I can make my own version that ties into the requiste BP functions, or write my own BP functions to call what you need, just need a function list :slight_smile:

@Basically a function that detects what HMD the user is currently using. would be beneficial for people developing for both the Rift and the Vive (along side the GearVR). There is currently a function in UE4 that does , however, it is solely based in C++, and not exposed to blueprints for some reason.

Almost there, I am just compiling the binaries now

:slight_smile:

New BP Node ~ Get Current Head Mounted Display Device, When You Have Multiple!

Dear Community,

At the request of @SaviorNT and for the benefit of you lovely VR enthusiasts who have more than one VR headset that you are testing with, I present to you a BP node to let you know which type of headset is currently hooked up to the computer!

Please keep in mind that I’ve added my own addition, which is the None option, can happen if you don’t have any device hooked up and could help with debugging, especially in packaged games.

New Download (50.21mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:

:heart:

Hey, plugin’s quite amazing! :smiley: I’m using your node to get the available resolutions for the display adapter and while it works, I always get duplicates. For example 800x600 will show up 16 times in my dropdown menu :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not including refresh rates. Do you reckon happens because I have a more than 1 monitor?

Hey ,

i find your plugin very handy thank you for that.

At the moment i’m a little bit stucked with ismActor. I use the “Ism Convert To Victory Ism Actor”. It works fine and generate a Victory Ism Actor but i loose my material.
I tried also to manualy create a “Victory ISM” and add a simple cube with one simple meterial it works but also no material. (only default checkerboardtecture visible)

Do you have any idear what i made wrong ? UE Version is 4.11.2.

Hi there! I am glad you are enjoying my plugin!

I have code to ensure that duplication doesn’t happen, as I experienced it myself, and I am using exact code in my project and have not run into many duplicates, but I do include refresh rates.

Please try including refresh rates to see if you actually have many different refresh rates, and if that is the I can come up with a solution if you dont need to see them .

Here’s the relevant C++ code

FString Str = "";
Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.Width);
Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.Height);

//Include Refresh Rates?
if(IncludeRefreshRates)
{
	Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.RefreshRate);
}		

if(Unique.Contains(Str))
{
	//Skip!  is duplicate!
	continue;
}
else
{
	//Add to Unique List!
	Unique.AddUnique(Str);
}

You are amazing sir! TYTYTYTYTYTY!

As someone that develops for the PC platform and GearVR, there was way too much trickery I had to do to evaluate headset types (platform name, if PC, what temperature is the Rift… if at 0 Celsius, then use the Vive. Bloated BP code ftl). will make life much easier for everyone. Again, thank you VERY much!

Once I get paid, I’ll throw some donation money your way most definitely!

I’m trying to set material onto at run-.

I’m creating material from texture & displacement map image file. These image files are loading from folder using Victory Plugin’s “Load Texture 2D from File” Node.

Victory Plugin Link :

I’m creating the material instance dynamic of the “test material”. Now I’m setting the texture and displacement parameter as shown in figure 4. After creating material instance dynamic, I’m setting material to the .

figure[1] test material: figure[2] texture: figure displacement map: figure[4] Method:

Now here is the problem.

When I directly create material in material editor from texture and displacement map and set it onto . It doesn’t generate** moiré pattern.**

But when I run- set the material onto using figure [4]. It will generate moiré pattern.

Here are the sample screen shots of both.

figure[5]: Material Editor result: figure[6]: Runtime result: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I think the “Load Texture 2D from File” Node is not calculating the Mip Map correctly.

Thanks for the amazing plugins, !

Much appreciated!!!

Hee heee!

I am so glad I made you happy SaviorNT!

You’re welcome!

Victory!

:heart:

Victory To UE4! Far Shadows for RTS & Open World Games

Dear Community,

I’ll be honest, I almost cried when I discovered the new Far Shadows , which finally allows me to render shadows in UE4 at distances in the 100,000s oh my… its… sniff SO GOOD!

If you dont know the back story of matter I was requesting Epic to do something about shadows fading out too quickly since 4.3, I needed them for an RTS game I am part of, Abatron.

Well the answer has finally come, my dear Community,** shadows in the 100s of 1000s of units**!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Celebration!

=L9vAbMlhC5w

Hey John, can you tell me in detail where you made change. Which file I have to do changes ? There are many cpp nad header files in plugin

The error we talked about was :

1>…]\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(10): fatal error C1083: File (Include) can’t be opened: “Developer/ImageWrapper/Public/Interfaces/IImageWrapper.h”: No such file or directory

So there you see in which line the include happens :cool:

But I would guess has already fixed bug now. Do you still get it?