(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

I was working on a three month old build of 's plugin on 4.6.1 not too long ago if I remember right.

Yep, just checked my repository.

https://git.metahusk.com/commit/?r=random.git&h=8d6736f4bf8332748ca5662d607c13b5893fec43

I think the plugin versions dated around December 2014 will work for sure with v4.6 and likely newer versions too. (But I never tried them) Just trying to be helpful.

Everything and the nodes work great, but for some reason any JoyISM objects vanish in a built version of my projects. They are there in editor and look/work fine, shadow building and everything, but as soon as the game is compiled, they just vanish. Iā€™ve even tried promoting them to blueprints, and trying to spawn them in-game, with no error and no result. Itā€™s a 4.7.3 C++ project. Since I am not getting any errors, I donā€™t know where I can look to try and fix it. Could there be something simple that Iā€™m still missing? Many thanks in advance.

Yea I hope so too!

:slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome!

Any build before February 24th, release date of 4.7, should work!

Ahh is a great idea for a node!

I will have to investigate , you mean a packaged game right?

Correct! I can combine meshes fine in editor, and they work fine, but packaging the project (package for development, win-64bit), and they donā€™t appear. Interestingly enough I tried promoting a JoyISM to a full blueprint, and then tried to spawn it, which had the same result, worked in editor, but not in game.

the nodes from the plugin work fine however. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Sounds like is related to the same where instanced static mesh components do not copy correctly when you try to duplicate an actor that has an instanced static mesh component, I may have to do some extensive investigation of / modifcation to Epic code and may take some, but thanks for letting me know about in friendly-fashion!

PS: summary, could take a while, please dont be waiting/dependent on a solution happening within a 2-3 weeks.

I will get to it soon as I can :slight_smile:

Yeah, sure. You and no solution within 2-3 weeks?! I bet as soon as you start looking, you already have the solution, because you are you! :smiley:
But now to be serious, youā€™ve so much and keep doing so much for the community, I think that we can be patient. :slight_smile:
Iā€™m sure you are going to find a solution ^^

Greetings,

PS: That particular would be more or less something which I would use near the end of my project anyways, since I think itā€™s more of a way to optimize oneā€™s project, or am I wrong?

Heh, understood and appreciated! Iā€™ll wait patiently. Iā€™m using some of your nodes in the project already, and those are working perfectly, and Iā€™ll gladly wait to use the ISM conversion. Thanks for the reply!

Hee hee thanks !

Yes its an optimization, not really ideal for development since you have to keep switching back and forth, but fabulously essential for optimizaiton!

I am glad you are enjoying my other nodes Kaitou! Have fun today!

**2 New Nodes For You

Create UObject (Absolute Power in BP!)

Create Primitive Component, Added to Scene at Location!**

Being able to create UObjects is essential if you really want absolute power in Blueprints!

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

**C++ Code For You**

Here's the code!

```

UObject* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::**CreateObject**(UObject* WorldContextObject,UClass* TheObjectClass, FName Name)
{
	if(!TheObjectClass) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context  to get the world!
    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
	if(!World) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~

return StaticConstructObject( TheObjectClass, World, Name);
}

```

```

UPrimitiveComponent* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::**CreatePrimitiveComponent**(
	UObject* WorldContextObject, 
	TSubclassOf<UPrimitiveComponent> CompClass, 
	FName Name,
	FVector Location, 
	FRotator Rotation
){
	if(!CompClass) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context  to get the world!
    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
	if(!World) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~

UPrimitiveComponent* NewComp = ConstructObject<UPrimitiveComponent>( CompClass, World, Name);
	if(!NewComp) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewComp->SetWorldLocation(Location);
	NewComp->SetWorldRotation(Rotation);
	NewComp->RegisterComponentWithWorld(World);

return NewComp;
}

```

ā™„

Yet another fantastic set of tools!
It is honestly hard to keep up with how much you are contributing :smiley:

Keep up the awesome work :cool:

ā€“

you are Nominated here :wink: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?64126-Nominations-for-a-grant&p=255192#post255192

I just built the branch of UE4 and it refused to compile the VictoryPlugin. Something about a deprecated node. Please update soon.

updates, as far as I know, the plugin only for every stable release, so there wonā€™t be a update for a preview or the branch (especially the branch as itā€™s the most unstable version with the most changes).

So the Objects should be parent class instead of Actor, right?

How to use your plugin with a version you havenā€™t compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?

If I add a ā€œCreate Texture Render Target 2Dā€ Iā€™m unable to save the project if the BP actor is in the scene.

Any idea how to get around ?

Canā€™t save D:/GitHub/LeapProjectUE4/Content/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap.umap: Graph is linked to private (s) in an external package.
External (s):
TextureRenderTarget2D_230
/Engine/Transient
TextureRenderTarget2D_231
TextureRenderTarget2D_232
TextureRenderTarget2D_233

, pls fix:

Theres an answer now.

Please dont use my plugin at the engine level, place it in your project level Plugins folder :slight_smile:

is correct, though other community members are welcome to update my plugin to branch or other versions and post it somewheres, I canā€™t do everything in the Universe by myself you know :slight_smile:

Itā€™s odd to ask me to update to branch since branch is always changing! What are the odds that any two people even having the same version of Branch unless they both update several times a day?

For those who are not aware, Branch is Epicā€™s running branch of UE4 that has of the most up-to-date additions to the engine, and it is constantly being contributed to by Epic staff! Iā€™ts great fun to watch and know whatā€™s coming, but you canā€™t ask me to keep my plugin updated to be binary compatible with a version of the engine that changes many times per day :slight_smile:

**I welcome anyone to post preview build versions on the wiki and in thread! **

Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Victory BP Library 4.7.3

**Plugin Up to 4.7.3

Solution to PhysXInclude IsFinite**

Dear Parvan, and Anyone with Linux/issues,

Please try getting my latest version (4.7.3) which I just uploaded!

**Thank You to Epic RCL**

**Epic Staff member RCL** posted extremely helpful solution to the!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/178295/47-final-physx-error-isfinite.html

The

It seems that these math libraries, included for Saxon Rahā€™s random nodes, were causing the issues. See RCLā€™s post above for more information.

Originally in .h file of Victory BP Library

#include <chrono>
#include <random>

**My Solution**

I moved these included math libraries to AFTER the PhysXIncludes, so they dont conflict with PhysX function names.

```

//~~~ PhysX ~~~
#include "PhysXIncludes.h"
#include "PhysicsPublic.h"		//For the ptou conversions
//~~~~~~~~~~~

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//									Saxon Rah Random Nodes
// Chrono and Random

//Order Matters, 
//		has to be after PhysX includes to avoid isfinite name definition issues
#include <chrono>
#include <random>

```

**Result:** We get to keep  of the PhysX code as well as Saxon Rah's awesome Random Number BP nodes.

Let Me Know

Let me know if fix was sufficient or if a more advanced solution is required!

Enjoy!

Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download

Thank you for nice library. I have downloaded the 25 of March version.
I am trying to use the ā€œSave String Array To Fileā€. The problem is that if I uncheck ā€œAllow Over Writingā€ no data will be written in my file. I am quit sure that the path and file name are correct because once I check the ā€œAllow Over Writeā€ the very last data received will be written in the file. I need to save the data in every step, and expected that by unchecking the ā€œAllow Over Writeā€ should have the data saved in my file which is not the case. Could you please help me with ?

Hi there!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome to the forums Elahe!

Allow over-writing in the case of my plugin node determines whether or not I will delete a file if it already exists and update it with new contents.

It is a safety precaution to avoid overwriting existing files, and so if you want to keep updating a file, you should definitely allow over-writing!

The only reason to turn off would be to protect a file from being changed at , not updated, which is what you want, so just leave over-writing enabled and you will be set!

Have fun today!