(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

I thought maybe plugin could be used to gather quest text? Via File IO load string from text file line to variable? Would be possible, and would be a good solution, could the text file also be a database compatible file?

Related Can the Blueprint system manage quests and dialogue? - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

nodes should be in the engine.

Hee hee! Great to hear from you !

• Blushes *

Hee hee! Thanks

**Config BP Suite ~ Add Your Voice**

I already submitted the Config BP Suite to the Engine and it is still pending processing.

You can add your voice to the discussion on whether to add my [Config BP Suite](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=232497&viewfull=1#post232497) to the engine here:

/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/604
(need to have a UE4-linked github account to view  link)

♥

, is there an easy way to compile your plugin myself for a newer version of the engine? I am using the most recent 4.7 branch and the engine does not want to accept your latest version of the plugin. :slight_smile:

I need :smiley:

I know it takes years to make ^^

's Instanced Static Mesh Editor

I added a new to my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin which is an optional plugin that comes with my Victory BP Library!

=iC1sjgalEJg

**Super-Efficient Way to Render 1000s of Meshes!**

In  video you can see my frame rate go from 9 fps with 1500 static mesh actors in the scene, back to over 100 fps, with the simple press of a key! And  the geometry in the level is preserved!

You can now easily create a super efficient instanced static mesh from a selection of regular static meshes, and also undo the process to make individual edits!

**I explain everything in the video!**

Installation Instructions

Enjoy!

PS: Make sure to get my latest plugin version, it includes a fix for maintaining vertex shape choice as well as current vertex scaling (change vertex scaling with  and ] keys)

**'s Instanced Static Mesh Editor

You Can Support Editor Integration!**

I’ve submitted my Instanced Static Mesh Editor to Epic! You can support it if you would like it added to the engine!

**Videos**

**Video 2 ~ Editor Integration**

=uToLHLrSbDw

Video 3 ~ Blueprint Support!

=2PPPYl2MC6o

**Full Description Here!**
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?62352-Editor--Pull-Request--s-Instanced-Static-Mesh-Editor-&p=244125&viewfull=1#post244125

Enjoy!

What a great addition EverNewJoy aka

https://assets-cdn.github.com/images/icons/emoji/unicode/1f44d.png

Your devotion to the UE4 Community is unquestionable and outstanding

https://assets-cdn.github.com/images/icons/emoji/unicode/1f4af.png

Instanced Static Mesh Editor Update

I just added support for layers and world outliner folder paths!

Now if you revert an instanced static mesh you played into a folder, the new static mesh actors will be added to the same folder!

And layer information is copied as well!

works both ways, so if you had a bunch of static mesh actors in a layer, and turn them into a single instanced static mesh actor, that actor will have the layers and be in the folder of the root static mesh actor from the original selection.

Enjoy!

1500 Static meshes turned into one instanced static mesh. I am speech less.

Way to go !

Very very Cool !

Question about the instanced mesh editor, what if those cubes have LOD’s… would that work?

is always full of great surprises! Great work! =)

Latest builds seem to not work with pure BP builds. Plugin ‘VictoryPlugin’ failed to load because module ‘VictoryBPLibrary’ could not be found. Tried with latest 3 builds on the wiki. Guess I’ll come back to later.

Hi!

LODs are part of the static mesh asset itself, they will be carried over just fine!

I just tested the latest version of my plugin as working in a BP only project, including my Victory Editor features of vertex snapping and Instanced Static Mesh Creation.

However I am using launcher version of 4.7.1, not 4.7.2, are you using 4.7.2? Usually hotfixes are binary compatible, that is the only I can imagine.

Have my babies.
Right here, right now.
or a hug, that will suffice as well :slight_smile:

Hi ,

still trying to use the RenderedActor Node without succes. Here is a pic how I use it. The result seems totally random. Sometimes it seems to work but most of the it prints out names of Actors which completly are out of sight.

Cheers

Nice work - Loving seeing how you’re transforming the engine! is yet another great idea which will help my project out.

Can the meshes have components attached or is that not in the spirit of the static part of static mesh?

Also, can you access the scale and positions of the items? I was wondering if you could make a voxel type look by running a height field from an image or something through a flat plane of instanced cubes?

Or - could you offset the vertices in the Z axis using a displacing material with a world sized UV?

Keep it up - I’m interested to see what games you’ve been making (if you have any for your own projects outside doing great stuff).

Hee hee! * blushes *

I will be adding support for creating instances via a Blueprint node soon, then you can use any kind of logic you want!

Yea I do have personal project I am working on, the demo project for my book on UE4 C++!

I will try and post videos soon as I can!

Great to hear from you Dannington!

PS:

I dont think you can attach stuff to individual instances of instanced static mesh component, but you could attach to the whole actor and position the attachment in world space!

's Suite of Powerful UMG Nodes

My Get Widgets Of Class Was Added to the Engine as of 4.7! You can use it in-Engine right now!

Here are the 3 core BP nodes that I’ve been using to make of my complicated interacting UMG menus, including an in-game file browser and a menu that allows you to change the materials on any skeletal mesh, while in-game!

These nodes are available to you now!

**Get  Widgets of Class**

Allows you to not have to store references everywhere to your widgets, making it easy to interact with the Player Controller and My Character blueprints :) 

Also makes it easy to remove a loading screen after a level transition, without storing refs in Game Instance class

Remove Widgets Of Class

You can find and remove any widget any way, no matter where you are in BP! (here I am in the Level BP)

** Tip:**
If you make a general superclass for your widgets (Reparent to a blank UserWidget of your own making), you can clear your entire UI system from the viewport with a single call to RemoveAllWidgetsOfClass, supplying the class that is your super class for your user widgets!

So lets say you have 3 user widgets that you made, make a 4th that is blank, reparent your existing 3 to your new empty 4th widget (“WidgetMaster” for example).

Now you can just call RemoveAllWidgetsOfClass on your new 4th widget, WidgetMaster, and 3 of your existing widgets will be removed automatically from the viewport!

**Is Widget Of Class In Viewport**

Take action based on the dynamic lookup of whether a certain widget is currently visible!

No need to store refs or bools anywhere, just do a dynamic look up that is lightning fast!

♥

I guess he meant packaging a blueprint only project with your plugin, which does not work.