Download

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

I just built the master branch of UE4 and it refused to compile the VictoryPlugin. Something about a deprecated node. Please update soon.

Rama updates, as far as I know, the plugin only for every stable release, so there won’t be a update for a preview or the master branch (especially the master branch as it’s the most unstable version with the most changes).

So the Objects should be parent class object instead of Actor, right?

How to use your plugin with a version you haven’t compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?

If I add a “Create Texture Render Target 2D” I’m unable to save the project if the BP actor is in the scene.

Any idea how to get around this?

Can’t save D:/GitHub/LeapProjectUE4/Content/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap.umap: Graph is linked to private object(s) in an external package.
External Object(s):
TextureRenderTarget2D_230
/Engine/Transient
TextureRenderTarget2D_231
TextureRenderTarget2D_232
TextureRenderTarget2D_233

Rama, pls fix:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/178295/47-final-physx-error-isfinite.html

Theres an answer now.

Please dont use my plugin at the engine level, place it in your project level Plugins folder :slight_smile:

Dakraid is correct, though other community members are welcome to update my plugin to master branch or other versions and post it somewheres, I can’t do everything in the Universe by myself you know :slight_smile:

It’s odd to ask me to update to Master branch since Master branch is always changing! What are the odds that any two people even having the same version of Master Branch unless they both update several times a day?

For those who are not aware, Master Branch is Epic’s running branch of UE4 that has all of the most up-to-date additions to the engine, and it is constantly being contributed to by Epic staff! I’ts great fun to watch and know what’s coming, but you can’t ask me to keep my plugin updated to be binary compatible with a version of the engine that changes many times per day :slight_smile:

**I welcome anyone to post preview build versions on the wiki and in this thread! **

Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download

:slight_smile:

Rama

Victory BP Library 4.7.3

**Plugin Up to 4.7.3

Solution to PhysXInclude IsFinite Issue**

Dear Eduard, Parvan, and Anyone with Linux/Android issues,

Please try getting my latest version (4.7.3) which I just uploaded!

**Thank You to Epic RCL**

**Epic Staff member RCL** posted extremely helpful solution to the issue!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/178295/47-final-physx-error-isfinite.html

The Issue

It seems that these math libraries, included for Saxon Rah’s random nodes, were causing the issues. See RCL’s post above for more information.

Originally in .h file of Victory BP Library

#include <chrono>
#include <random>

**My Solution**

I moved these included math libraries to AFTER the PhysXIncludes, so they dont conflict with PhysX function names.

```

//~~~ PhysX ~~~
#include "PhysXIncludes.h"
#include "PhysicsPublic.h"		//For the ptou conversions
//~~~~~~~~~~~

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//									Saxon Rah Random Nodes
// Chrono and Random

//Order Matters, 
//		has to be after PhysX includes to avoid isfinite name definition issues
#include <chrono>
#include <random>

```

**Result:** We get to keep all of the PhysX code as well as Saxon Rah's awesome Random Number BP nodes.

Let Me Know

Let me know if this fix was sufficient or if a more advanced solution is required!

Enjoy!

Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download

Rama

Thank you for this nice library. I have downloaded the 25 of March version.
I am trying to use the “Save String Array To File”. The problem is that if I uncheck “Allow Over Writing” no data will be written in my file. I am quit sure that the path and file name are correct because once I check the “Allow Over Write” the very last data received will be written in the file. I need to save the data in every step, and expected that by unchecking the “Allow Over Write” should have all the data saved in my file which is not the case. Could you please help me with this?

Hi there!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome to the forums Elahe!

Allow over-writing in the case of my plugin node determines whether or not I will delete a file if it already exists and update it with new contents.

It is a safety precaution to avoid overwriting existing files, and so if you want to keep updating a file, you should definitely allow over-writing!

The only reason to turn this feature off would be to protect a file from being changed at all, not updated, which is what you want, so just leave over-writing enabled and you will be set!

Have fun today!

Rama

So the Objects to be spawned with your “Create UObject” Node should be parent class object instead of Actor, right?

How to use your plugin with a version you haven’t compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?

Thanks Rama, my project compiled on both Linux and Android!

Hey Rama,

I love your plugin - I wish Epic would think strongly about integrating many of your features.

I do, though, wish that the Get Config Var nodes had an Output Bool variable as to whether the variable was actually found. I plan on modifying your plugin with this for my use but it might be useful for everyone.

Edit: This was easy to do, just added a new bool& IsValid to the method and then set it to the output of the GConfig Get methods.

Cheers,
Josh

Hi Rama, using your fab plugin to create instanced meshes from many SM but I run into a problem on built/cook game, any Instanced Mesh is missing from the game on launch, everything else is fine. This doesnt happen in PIE but does happen when running “Standalone” mode also. I use UE4.7.3, any ideas?

I’m kinda happy to see this, because at least I’m not going crazy, as that’s the problem I have too.

Wooohoooo! Yay! Glad my fixed work! Epic RCL helped!

Congratulations on your first post Joshy! Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=John Alcatraz;257011]
So the Objects to be spawned with your "Create UObject" Node should be parent class object instead of Actor, right?

How to use your plugin with a version you haven't compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?
[/QUOTE]

You can add code to your project if it is BP only, adding just a simple empty actor class.

Once 4.8 comes out this will most likely be unnecessary so you might just want to wait till then.

My plugin is up to 4.7.3 now though!

**Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download**
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

:)

Yes I need to look into this, it is a problem with the instanced static mesh component itself and may require engine modification, I am not sure yet. But yes I am aware of the issue!

Have fun today!

:heart:

Rama

Thank you so much for this Rama, I’ve tried for so long to get the closest point on a surface relative to the players location, was just a big mess. After a while I found your article with the script and though I could expose that as a function myself, that ended up in a bigger mess. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a truly good and helpful person. I really hope EPIC gets their stuff together and starts implementing more functions for Blueprints as they’re lacking.

Why do you talk about adding code to the project? I asked which parent class BPs should have to being able to get spawned with “Create UObject” :slight_smile:

I know your plugin is up to 4.7.3 now, but often I need to use the most recent 4.7 branch because of some fixes and then I can’t use your plugin. I can’t just wait for 4.7.4 or 4.8 to have the fixes since I sometimes need them to being able to continue working on my game. So how can I use your plugin with a version you havent it specifically compiled for? Can I compile it myself for the most recent 4.7 branch?

Well you could try to just compile them, but that depends on the changes made to the branch. If you’re lucky, nothing will break, but otherwise you will most likely have to fix some code pieces yourself. That’s as far as I understand it.
I used always used the latest plugin version with 4.7.3, so I was surprised to see that Rama updated it for 4.7.3, since I just used an earlier version with 4.7.3 and had no issues. But since 4.8 has bigger changes I assume that this method wouldn’t work as easily as any 4.7.x version.
I hope what I said is correct ^^

Greetings,
Dakraid

I often tried to use the 4.7.3 version with the latest 4.7 branch or before to use the 4.7.2 version of plugin with 4.7.3 from github and it never worked, project will not load up until I remove the plugin from the folder.

Hello Rama! Thanks for the victory plugin. Works great in the editor but when I hit Launch, this error pops up. I wrote the command line to the config, double checked in the plugin window if it’s enabled. Everything’s fine. I don’t understand why this happens.

Also, I don’t know if you ever encountered, in another map, the merged static meshes’ shadows are constantly on and off and when I undo the merging it’s ok. I couldn’t test it if it’s the same when I launch the game because of the main error. So I’ll be grateful if you can help me.

here’s the error:

1a601fe175c6f073a5632db1c21b0ec4267d4930.jpeg